Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the 4 inch kit today from stans headers. Bruce is going to keep the 3 inch turbo flange off and throw in a 4 inch hx40 flange to match up to my new s300 turbo. The only thing I will need to do is align the flange and weld it on to the pipe. He said also that the muffler, ( which I guess is huge ) flows more air then a straight pipe. I know, I know, it doesn't make sense to me either, but he said he had the dyno results to prove it. He said the muffler flows 2200 cfms and scavenges the air. $74 bucks for shipping from there to east coast.:$::woot::hyper:

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
15,578 Posts
That muffler is quite also. If you like turbo sound then this will improve it. No loud exhaust to cover the turbo. :D

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Philip, Do you know for sure if the s300 and hx40 do in fact have same exaust flange? And the same v clamp.

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
15,578 Posts
I have been told they do use the same flange and clamp setup. I have a friend that has a S300 on his truck said he used a HX40 flange and clamp he got from airflow.com. I will be using the same setup soon on my HX40 install.

·
Registered
844 Posts
What kind of muffler is it so I can call and order it?

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
15,578 Posts
Its a big donaldson. I don't have a part number for it. Here is pic to give you an idea of how big it is. Its close to 3' long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts