Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

In early November 2020 I ordered a 3500, crew cab 4x4, Cummins HO, BigHorn. So far, research has revealed the build time and delivery time is all over the map. I've read due to Covic 19 safeguards used during production, production is very, very slow; then, I've read safeguards have minimal impact on productions rates? Additionally, I've read rail transportation has been affected as well? In todays environment, I just want to get a rough idea how long it will take from ordering to hitting the dealership. If this has already been addressed in other threads, please remove it.

Thanks
Chuck

·
Registered
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab, Rambox, Factory air suspension, modified by adding factory fifth wheel prep
326 Posts
No dealer estimate? Hopefully they have been ordering and receiving trucks the past 9 months and have a better idea than we do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,763 Posts
As you already know, lots of things can and will influence how long it'll take.
What is it in now? D?

And if you have ordered any extras, that aren't installed on the assembly line, add more to the 2-4 month guesstimate.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I ordered on 10/23 and my own estimate has been 12-14wks based on current events and options I ordered.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
and I think Michigan is shutting down again might not see it till 2022..........

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Buyer of stuff..with OPM
2,429 Posts
Hi All,

In early November 2020 I ordered a 3500, crew cab 4x4, Cummins HO, BigHorn. So far, research has revealed the build time and delivery time is all over the map. I've read due to Covic 19 safeguards used during production, production is very, very slow; then, I've read safeguards have minimal impact on productions rates? Additionally, I've read rail transportation has been affected as well? In todays environment, I just want to get a rough idea how long it will take from ordering to hitting the dealership. If this has already been addressed in other threads, please remove it.

Thanks
Chuck
Given the way FCA works......this guy is your best bet......

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Or try a Ouija board!

·
Registered
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab, Rambox, Factory air suspension, modified by adding factory fifth wheel prep
326 Posts
and I think Michigan is shutting down again might not see it till 2022..........
Luckily they are made in Mexico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Order-to-Delivery
Based upon our experience and manufacturer information, the following list provides you with estimated order to delivery times for 2021 model year vehicles. The data below will give you an idea of the approximate time from order placement to delivery to the dealer.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
Dodge

Model
Assembly Plant
Order to Delivery
Charger
Bramalea, Canada​
8-10 weeks​
Charger Police
Bramalea, Canada​
10-12 weeks​
Challenger
Bramalea, Canada​
8-10 weeks​
Durango
Detroit, MI​
8-10 weeks​
Durango Pursuit
Detroit, MI​
TBD​

Ram

Model
Assembly Plant
Order to Delivery
Ram ProMaster City - Order
Tofus, Turkey​
18-20 weeks​
Ram ProMaster City - Pool
Port of Baltimore, MD​
5-6 weeks​
Ram ProMaster
Saltillo, Mexico​
16-18 weeks​
Ram 1500 Quad Cab & Crew Cab Pickup (DS)
Warren, MI​
8-10 weeks​
Ram 1500 Regular Cab (DS)
Saltillo, Mexico​
12-14 weeks​
Ram 1500 (DT)
Sterling Heights, MI​
8-10 weeks​
Ram 2500 HD Pickup
Saltillo, Mexico​
12-14 weeks​
Ram 3500 HD Pickup
Saltillo, Mexico​
12-14 weeks​
Ram Mega Cab
Saltillo, Mexico​
12-14 weeks​
Ram 3500 Chassis Cab
Saltillo, Mexico​
12-14 weeks​
Ram 4500, 5500 Chassis Cab
Saltillo, Mexico​
12-14 weeks​

·
Registered
15,763 Posts
Order-to-Delivery
Based upon our experience and manufacturer information, the following list provides you with estimated order to delivery times for 2021 model year vehicles. The data below will give you an idea of the approximate time from order placement to delivery to the dealer.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
Dodge

Challenger
Bramalea, Canada​
8-10 weeks​

That 8-10 weeks for a Challenger cracks me up. We had one that took four months and eight days to make it to the dealer, and that's after it was built.
Approximate indeed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ordered a 3500 Laramie HO 4x4 CCLB on 8/10. Initial email from US customer care on 8/24 said it was scheduled to be delivered to the dealer the week of 10/24. Didn’t make it.
That week it was still at the body vendor.
It‘s been “in transit” in the system for a three weeks now.
Dealer said unrest in Mexico has caused delays in getting rail cars.
Email from the dealer today said it made it into the US and is supposed to be to them by the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
FCA Disclaimer; these delivery times are only suggestions, no resemblance to actual times

·
Registered
362 Posts
What is ETA from order to getting a VIN?

Reactions: Scooterpilot

·
Registered
15,763 Posts
What is ETA from order to getting a VIN?
It can vary quite a bit. Some people have their orders in several months before production is even scheduled to start, for example.

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Last night the dealership contacted me. My order was submitted 11 10 2020. Dealer provided the VIN # and ship date of 23 Dec 2020. Predicated upon above comments my expectations are level set. It's going to be a lets wait and see thing.

·
IL Chapter VP
2015 Crew Cab Laramie 3500 8’bed bone stock
3,469 Posts
Ordered mine on 10/30/2020. VON that afternoon
And VIN on Monday 11/2/2020. They gave me a ship date of 12/17/2020. I am banking on the delivery being late January early February.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Finally placed my order yesterday. 2 different dealers were telling me anywhere from sometime in Jan to maybe March. As long as I have it by the first camping trip I'll be happy.

·
IL Chapter VP
2015 Crew Cab Laramie 3500 8’bed bone stock
3,469 Posts
I ordered a 3500 4x4 Laramie SRW 8’ bed. We got almost every option. HO/Aisin, towing Tech, safety group, air ride, dual alts, Tonneau cover, 50 gal tank, air ride, snow chief, leather 40/20/40 seat(This was a must), ucon 12”, Level 2 options, bed utility group. I am very certain that I will not see this truck until mid to late January at the earliest with it having some non assembly line options needing installed

1 - 20 of 24 Posts