Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i'm looking for what options i have for coating my manifold and turbo housing. I only know of having them ceramic coated which i think is fairly expensive right? Is it possible to have them zinc plated/ dipped or does galvanized not work well with high heat? Your thoughts are wanted thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've heard of people "curing" the cast iron manifold like they would a cast iron pan. i don't know how it holds up, but it makes them look nice and black rather than rusty looking

·
Registered
213 Posts
you can take the exhaust manifold off the turbo get it hot in the oven then spray it with the high temp paint in gets in the pores and last OK better than painting it cold. if you are wanting to cut down on heat just use a turbo blanket you can find them for about 100-200 dollars depending on the color and size

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking of the paint and im not sure its durable enough for me. Has anyone had their manifold coated?

·
Registered
213 Posts
no problem it sounded like you were not wanting to spend too much. Just have Jet Hot coat it for you if I rember right
it has to be the black on the turbo

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome thanks guys, i sctually found a guy at fireballcoatings.com who is only 30 min from my house who had sosme good products.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But out of curiosity, is it possibly to have these parts galvanized? I havn't found any done so i am guessing not.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts