Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

81 - 100 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I'll try and call and see what he says.

I requested all my tunes (stock, tow, 12v and whistle) to be at 30 hp.
Maybe try reloading the tune? I will report back here on how my install goes and if there is any after sale support issues. The good and bad.
My stuff gets here July 1. I will liberate the motor on the 4th.

Reactions: Felt

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I have waited to post this hoping someone who knew more would. I know little about what i am addressing. I am an idiot really. I could be way wrong. And, my truck doesn’t have heated/cooled seats or remote start. I did have a past truck, a duramax, where the seats cooling/ heating and remote start would not work if the truck had codes.
Did your truck have codes before you deleted? Is it possible that the tuner is killing a code you need to realize there is an issue with the seat function on the truck?? In other words is there a reason you don’t have cooled seats but the code is turned off? Basically a lingering issue killing some functions. Additionally, is this why people say it will clear itself up once the truck is code free after a number of key/drive cycles?
I don’t think the tuning would touch the areas you are having an issue with. But, this is a response from a self proclaimed idiot. I just put this here to spur conversation in this possible direction.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have waited to post this hoping someone who knew more would. I know little about what i am addressing. I am an idiot really. I could be way wrong. And, my truck doesn’t have heated/cooled seats or remote start. I did have a past truck, a duramax, where the seats cooling/ heating and remote start would not work if the truck had codes.
Did your truck have codes before you deleted? Is it possible that the tuner is killing a code you need to realize there is an issue with the seat function on the truck?? In other words is there a reason you don’t have cooled seats but the code is turned off? Basically a lingering issue killing some functions. Additionally, is this why people say it will clear itself up once the truck is code free after a number of key/drive cycles?
I don’t think the tuning would touch the areas you are having an issue with. But, this is a response from a self proclaimed idiot. I just put this here to spur conversation in this possible direction.
I have the same set up sitting at home but I'm in Kabul but I will be doing the same thing you guys are doing once I get back. From what I understand and Optimal Welding said this, is that you can change the tire height with ALFA OBD. After I did some reading and you can change a lot of options and turn on or off a bunch of different things with ALFA OBD. You have to buy a little module that goes to your OBD port and a bypass module and hook up a laptop to change things after you follow certain steps to read your trucks BCM. It seems like a lot but it is pretty simple after you do it once from what I been reading. The heated cooled seats might be as simple as turning them back on. Here is some links that will might help.

(1) Alpha OBD | 2019+ Ram Forum - 5thGenRams

2018 RAM Security Module Bypass | DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums

·
Registered
11 Posts
Maybe try reloading the tune? I will report back here on how my install goes and if there is any after sale support issues. The good and bad.
My stuff gets here July 1. I will liberate the motor on the 4th.
Anyone know what it means when he says one year tuning support?

Good luck with your install and please report back...the good with the bad.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
The V3 is supposed to be much better and faster then the older v2. Thats why i was surprised to see the v3 in the above photo.
Do we hook a battery charger to flash like guys did in the past? I am still on the over 5 year old factory batteries. They started acting much stronger a year ago when i unplugged the grid heater so i kept them going. However, this has me wondering about flash time with the v3 and if a battery charger is still needed or not.
Efi live had a good chart comparing the old and new.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Inter webs said 10 times faster..... 2 mins doesn’t seem right lol I won’t have time to get it done this weekend. You might be done before me as looks like I’ll be busy with work.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Whats the consensus on EGT probe. I am about to hit buy on the edge egt for the CTS3. Is there a better probe available?? It will go in the rear block off plate until i swap the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Has anyone with a 68rfe tried out his trans tuning?? I am on the fence between CTT and Optimal.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I’ll let you know as soon as I can get resolution from the foreign shysters I tried buying my delete parts from and then buy them somewhere that actually exists. Stay far, far away from EGRperformance.com
If you have the tuner, you can delete your truck without the egr delete kit. Lots of people just leave that stuff on and unplug it. Makes no difference.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’ll let you know as soon as I can get resolution from the foreign shysters I tried buying my delete parts from and then buy them somewhere that actually exists. Stay far, far away from EGRperformance.com
I’ve got his tuning sitting on my desk as well and have the 68. Hopefully have time in next couple weeks to get truck tuned.
Looking forward to your reviews of his tuning

·
Registered
955 Posts
If you have the tuner, you can delete your truck without the egr delete kit. Lots of people just leave that stuff on and unplug it. Makes no difference.
Are they any long term effects with just unplugging the egr instead of doing a full delete and removing it and the throttle valve? I have heard that your better to do a full delete?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Not worried about the EGR parts as much as the exhaust. I have no desire to run exhaust that stops under the cab, not even for one day.
Didn’t realiZe you ordered the delete pipe from the same place as the egr delete.

You could go to any heavy truck exhaust shop and get some 4” pipe and a couple clamps. They should have all you need. And prob cheaper than a delete pipe. They will have mufflers people resonators as well.
Are they any long term effects with just unplugging the egr instead of doing a full delete and removing it and the throttle valve? I have heard that your better to do a full delete?
I can’t think of any, nor have a read about any. I could say the only issue might be when the egr cooler finally rots off. But how long would that take. A bonus would be that your truck will most likely warm up faster than with removing the egr components.

81 - 100 of 159 Posts