Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

821 - 840 of 912 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I’d be interested as well jt21. For shits n gigs might try someone else’s tuning. Does he sell the autocal? I’d prefer to keep Matt’s on my present one as I like it

·
Registered
82 Posts
@JT21 I'm interested as well if you could shoot me a PM, thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Anybody ever use or heard of this guy?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #827
Anybody ever use or heard of this guy?

I emailed him not long ago and he responded back within a few hours. He answered all my questions and seemed like a great guy to deal with. Spoke with another diesel shop online who sells his tunes along with CTT and Proven Diesel and they highly recommend CCS. If I don't go with my local shop then I plan on using CCS for my tuning.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Oh well

·
Registered
125 Posts
All I can do is hope it wasn't the wrong thing to do, if there is a next time of this happening, I'll avoid the next person that has 1 post right off the bat like that. Thanks for paying more attention than I did.

·
Registered
82 Posts
@JT21 I caught that earlier when I was reading but didn't think to give you a heads up, my fault as well....

Reactions: JT21

·
Registered
125 Posts
@JT21 I caught that earlier when I was reading but didn't think to give you a heads up, my fault as well....
All good, yeah if anyone see's that before I do with someone asking here on the thread, please just make sure I'm aware of it. I don't mind being told something multiple times especially if the spidey senses are going off.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I don't understand your second part... what do you mean "I had 5 yrs of fuel economy on my old tunes and now 7 months with Optimal and they're pretty much identical. I've never run tow tunes or lower."? I don't make sense of this? How does MPGs equate to length of years and tow tunes or lower? What?
I'm saying that I have ample data to be confident in the accuracy of my fuel economy records (as opposed to driving for an hour and claiming 25mpg). My data says there's no difference between tuners.

I mention that I don't use the lower power tunes just so it's clear that I'm not comparing apples to oranges. Obviously it wasn't expressed clearly. Let me rephrase it: All of my fuel economy data from both of the different tuners I've used is based on their "Street" tunes.

Reactions: mtnrider

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm saying that I have ample data to be confident in the accuracy of my fuel economy records (as opposed to driving for an hour and claiming 25mpg). My data says there's no difference between tuners.

I mention that I don't use the lower power tunes just so it's clear that I'm not comparing apples to oranges. Obviously it wasn't expressed clearly. Let me rephrase it: All of my fuel economy data from both of the different tuners I've used is based on their "Street" tunes.
Got it now, thanks for explaining that better for me, appreciate it.

As long as I get better than stock and I'm not at 13 MPGs like I was with Optimals then I'll be happy. The lie-o-meter already reads 14 MPG, yes 1 MPG higher but... with Optimals I was constantly stuck at 13 MPGs or lower, sometimes 12.5 or 12. No, I don't drive with a heavy foot, highway cruising I almost always use cruise control just because I'd rather have the truck be as efficient as possible while driving. Also, want to make sure this is clear, I have yet to drive it any longer distances except for a few blocks from the house, if that. I should be taking a few longer trips here shortly then I can actually see if my MPG gets better or not than previously it was.

Do you mind sharing what your MPGs are?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
CCS is good i hear. Keep us updated on how the change goes. I am interested in every tuners product and experiences with the tuning and customer service.

Reactions: Felt

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
CCS is good i hear. Keep us updated on how the change goes. I am interested in every tuners product and experiences with the tuning and customer service.
I’ve come across their tunes on a couple websites but haven’t seen any actual reviews of them yet. I like their location, on a normal year I would pass by them once or twice a year so I could drop by in person

Reactions: Jared Herzog
821 - 840 of 912 Posts