Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Trans tuning is offered for the 68rfe. Just not for the Aisin. If you have a G56 you get to do your own trans tune.

So does the def gauge go to full or empty? Is the grid heater killed or must that be requested? What about the CCV? I am leaving mine for now so how is that handled?
From what I’ve seen, the def gauge goes to full. Just make sure you don’t have any codes saying you need to regen so I’d do a full regen before you install tunes. Wouldn’t think grid heater would be shut off unless you take it out and do the delete, think intervals for CCV are like every 67,000miles, I’ve changed mine once, it’s no big deal but I suppose you can turn it off if requested and run your own breather.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Ok. Didn’t know you could pick four of the five. Let me know what he says. Then let me know what your next question is. Maybe we can tag team him with questions to limit the chances of getting blocked LOL.
2013-2018 can only do 4 for some reason. So I left out the optimized stock.

Yes then stock file is on the autocal when you get it.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Do i need to get an egt probe or will one of the five the truck currently has still be readable through the edge cts3?
My plan is to just get the edge probe and kit for the cts3. But, until then??

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Can’t use factory wiring. Might be able to reuse the thermocouples. But you would cut plugs off and then wouldn’t work if going back to stock unless you attached plug end back on it.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Can’t use factory wiring. Might be able to reuse the thermocouples. But you would cut plugs off and then wouldn’t work if going back to stock unless you attached plug end back on it.
Cool. I will wrap them up and cap them with the shibby plug kit. Going to order the edge probe then.

·
Registered
11 Posts
After I installed my tunes from Optimal Welding, my heated and cooled seats along with my heated steering wheel no longer work...reached out to him and does not respond.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ever since I loaded his tunes, seats no longer worked...and yes, correct VIN was provided. Initially, Matt said it should work again within 24 hrs...but did not. After searching the forum and looking at a few YouTube videos, it seemed like it was a common occurrence (not specifically his tunes) and got it corrected with an updated tune. I reached out to Matt a few times and asked for update and never heard back from him.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Ya I seen on YouTube a few where it took a while but come back. Is that all that’s missing? Wierd he won’t help out. Did you try calling him?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am surprised he hasn't responded as well. Prior to purchasing his tunes....he repsonded to all my emails within 24 hrs. Not trying to flame the guy but wanted to share my experience.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
No not at all I understand. I see a lot of people saying he responded quickly. It I got responses once every day around 10 in the morning. I’m sure he’s a busy guy and nothing I needed was pressing. If I loose my heated/cooled seats I would like help that’s for sure. So hopefully it don’t happen to me.

·
Registered
816 Posts
After I installed my tunes from Optimal Welding, my heated and cooled seats along with my heated steering wheel no longer work...reached out to him and does not respond.
which tune are you running? how do you like it so far? how much better does the transmission shift?

·
Registered
11 Posts
No not at all I understand. I see a lot of people saying he responded quickly. It I got responses once every day around 10 in the morning. I’m sure he’s a busy guy and nothing I needed was pressing. If I loose my heated/cooled seats I would like help that’s for sure. So hopefully it don’t happen to me.
What gets me is he was very customer service oriented prior to purchasing his tunes....but soon as I had an issue....it's like he completely ghosted me.

Hopefully you will have better luck than me with your heated and cooled functions. Please let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
What gets me is he was very customer service oriented prior to purchasing his tunes....but soon as I had an issue....it's like he completely ghosted me.

Hopefully you will have better luck than me with your heated and cooled functions. Please let me know how it goes.
Do you have his phone number? If you need to get an updated tune, I would suggest at least getting sotf even without the switch.

I wouldn’t stand for my heated/cooled seats not working. My truck is loaded with goodies I don’t care about... but those aren’t included in that list. I use mine religiously

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you have his phone number? If you need to get an updated tune, I would suggest at least getting sotf even without the switch.

I wouldn’t stand for my heated/cooled seats not working. My truck is loaded with goodies I don’t care about... but those aren’t included in that list. I use mine religiously
I haven't tried to call...and I do have the SOTF tunes.

61 - 80 of 183 Posts