Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where I can get this stuff and exactly which kind? I thought there was a few different varieties of it and not sure which to get if there is. I've been looking and am not having much luck. I live in west central illinois if that helps. Thanks all:beer

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
In the near future I will be trying their summer blend. Must be some potent stuff for only using 1oz per tank.

MikeyB

·
Registered
96 Posts
im going to buy some of this stuff too. i was wondering if anyone has used it yet with any luck? a lot of people say they know it is good stuff, but never post any numbers/results or anything. im thinkin it has to help with mileage cuz its almost as good as a lubricant as bio diesel

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I read a post from one person a while back who has an 2007 5.9 and when he first started to use it he saw an increase in mpg but after a while he no longer saw any mpg boost from it. After reading what he had to say it sounds like after 5-6 tanks its best to only use it a few times a month to get any mpg benefits from it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have used it this winter in a 2005. I noticed no MPG increase, but the tests say it is one of the best for lubricity which is really my main concern. My MPG is around 17-18 hwy with a 3.73 rear end.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been using it in my truck for awhile now. The recommended mix ratio is 256:1, so for 26 gals of fuel that works out to be about $5.07 per tank. I bought a one gal. container of the stuff. That's a little pricey for me when a tank of fuel costs over a hundred bucks. I haven't noticed any increase in fuel mileage or engine quiteness. My 02 still rattles like before. Anyway, I won't be buying any more - will have to get something else for lubricity.

·
Registered
203 Posts
good stuff I've used it for the past 10 tanks... didn't see any mpg increases over the winter but got a good .5 mpg with this warmer weather... I've been using the xpd blend for the lubricity

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
I have run both summer blend and XPD. The summer blend was less expensive to run, but i read the XPD was better for lubing, so thats what i run now. I did see better MPG with the summer blend though. it is pretty thick stuff, the XPD is less thick.

·
Registered
96 Posts
a couple mpg's would really be nice, but i also want to at least try it for the added lubricity. just put my order in for a bottle so i guess i'll just have to try it out for myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts