Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, sorry in advance to paulm your truck is the closest picture I could find to look like mine bc my digicam is broken. (If you want me to take it down lmk and I will.)

Now, I completely butchered this picture in MS Paint to get and Idea of what I want to do. I'm thinking of getting my bumpers powdercoated flat black, and painting my grill silver, and the chrome around the grill black. And getting a black headlight housing. Now, I'm not looking for opinions of whether or not I can paint the grill bc of the chrome or whatever. I'm simply asking opinions based on aesthetics. Let me know what you guys think, honestly, bc I can't decide if I like it or not.

Thanks guys...and gals (a lady's opinion is always a plus ;)

·
Go for Broke
6,694 Posts
IMO match the paint on the truck.....gives it that Sport look :thumbsup

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the alternative. I like that look too, just trying to do something different, as well as tie-in the look of the flat black on the wheels

·
Banned
275 Posts
1) your photoshop abilities are that of a 3rd grader, lol

2) why use a factory bumper if you're spending the money, get something that will hold up

3) it would look different...not bad...just different

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1) your photoshop abilities are that of a 3rd grader, lol

2) why use a factory bumper if you're spending the money, get something that will hold up

3) it would look different...not bad...just different
haha it's ms paint not photochop...cut me some slack ;) hahaha

I don't want a big bull bumper, I was thinking like a subtle ARB or road armor one MAYBE.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I kinda like it. Im not a huge fan of the sport look- turned up my nose to a few good deals because they were sport, that and the dealer tried to pressure me into buying it and changing the grill and bumper! I had salesmen! But anyways, this girls opinion- go ahead and paint it black!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks wyldfyre! any more opinions guys?? a was hoping to be bombarded with a lot of "ew"'s and a lot of "cool"'s...

·
Diesel Junkie
4,685 Posts
I like chrome myself....but there are people that don't like my truck....do what YOU want to do....:thumbsup

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
heres a lot of Ew,Ew,Ew,Ew,Ew's and a lot Of Aw,Aw,Aw,Aw,Aw's LOL just kidding man I think that would look good especially with the rockstars. Also the Road Armor bumper Idea would look good. My truck is all black I need the little bit of chrome its got haha

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
I might lean toward a Road Armor bumper coated with bed liner and then use bed liner on the rocker panels of the truck and rear bumper.

I would leave the grille chrome or buy one of the factory black plastic ones. I've never seen anything that was chrome and been painted that wasn't peeling or chipped off. Maybe they've got new materials that will make it last better..??..

·
Banned
2,613 Posts
I say black the grill inserts black the gas cap black the chrome on that lil push bumper witch I think is a good choice, and debage the truck bro....:thumbsup

·
Banned
2,613 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i like the idea i think it will look a lot better in person. Maybe go to a flat? i think you are on the right track.
It's most definitely gonna be flat...I'm thinking it will look better in person as well...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I might lean toward a Road Armor bumper coated with bed liner and then use bed liner on the rocker panels of the truck and rear bumper.

I would leave the grille chrome or buy one of the factory black plastic ones. I've never seen anything that was chrome and been painted that wasn't peeling or chipped off. Maybe they've got new materials that will make it last better..??..
I bought a black one that I thought was factory, but it fits like crap so I'm guessing it wasn't. But that's probably what I'll do, and then maybe paint it from there if I need to

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I say black the grill inserts black the gas cap black the chrome on that lil push bumper witch I think is a good choice, and debage the truck bro....:thumbsup
I dont have the push bumper. that is another members truck, its just the same color and same wheels. And as far as the de-badge-ing goes. That's another option that is up for debate. I'm thinking either debadge, or paint the badges flat black as well...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Black it out!!!!!!! I like the idea of blacking out the badges. I'm gonna be doing my grill and getting Bodyguard replacements. They're pretty bad and near you in North East Texas.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Black it out

I say go for it. It's your truck, your signature - make it unique. Most folks won't know it's not factory. Those who do will appreciate what went into it. Make sure you post a picture when you're done with it, because there are probably several reading this that are thinking of doing the same thing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts