Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My driver side fog light caught a rock, and ended up with a nice hole in it.

Since the Mopar/Hella lights are so expensive to replace, I was thinking about going with aftermarket tinted ones.

What do you guys/gals think?
Truck in sig!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just give an opinion....

·
Registered
99 Posts
i like the clear ones. do those have the "halo" around the projector? cost?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are pretty cheap... 'bout $75 shipped. There are also some other ones on there!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's also these!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Those look sweet, I have PIAA 510's w/ the ion crystal lens, with the lamps off the lens is blue, turn em on and the main part of the light beam is yellow, while the outer part of the beam is blue. they're a little spendy, I paid $200 for mine, and they work great in snow and fog. just my $.02

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Definetly not the first style...the "halo" stuff looks like crap, IMO. Visibility wise the yellow is nice but sticks out too much. I'd go with either the tinted or chrome factory looking lights....just got done tinting my stockers the other day. Looks pretty sweet :thumbsup

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks... That's the kind of input i'm looking for. Anyone else?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
If going with the factory Hella lamps Headlight Armor sells the 3M protective tape covering in different colors.

MikeyB

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Definetly not the first style...the "halo" stuff looks like crap, IMO. Visibility wise the yellow is nice but sticks out too much. I'd go with either the tinted or chrome factory looking lights....just got done tinting my stockers the other day. Looks pretty sweet
I like your idea.... I'm going this route. Thanks for your opinions/advice!

·
Registered
393 Posts
While working at an auto motive shop I have tested these lights an in Alaska during the winter months we need as much light as possible. I have found most aftermarket light offered do not get the job done. The look great but do not function well.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Whatever fog light choice you make, keep it uniform with the headlights. I dont know if its OCD, but some stuff has to match in my book.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i'd rather stick with factory lights.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I like the clear ones myself. Clean, crisp, and clear..

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like the clear ones myself. Clean, crisp, and clear..
Sounds like a Budwieser commercial!

I like the stockers to... Just want a little diff. look!

I'm pretty sure that I also have OCD!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts