Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 91.5 with a 4 in lift and 35's. The only problem is that the front has lift blocks, so this got me thinking what if I just took the lift out and ran 33's? I could take out the front and rear lift blocks and run 33's. So what do you think, should I take the lift out and run 33's or just buy new front springs and keep the 35's? Heres a pic for reference:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Can you get us a picture of the springs? that looks like a 6" lift.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rears have an add a leaf in the back for towing, plus a block thats why it looks like a 6''.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I have a 4" lift on mine and yours looks taller. Do your front springs have any arch? how big is the front block?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
About that much arch?

·
Registered
884 Posts
huntinguy did you lose any turning radius with the 4 inch lift? i also see you dont have an adjustable drag link or drop pitman arm does it drive ok?

·
Registered
167 Posts
yeah, but how come your running a block upfront?
i don't think that is a lifting block that you are seeing, it is just a spring mount on the axle.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Buy new front springs. Get rid of the front lift block, they are bad news and illegal in some states. Unless they are welded in they have a tendancy to spit out. Google front lift blocks for more detail on this subject. A cheap lift isn't worth the safety risks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Buy new front springs. Get rid of the front lift block, they are bad news and illegal in some states. Unless they are welded in they have a tendancy to spit out. Google front lift blocks for more detail on this subject. A cheap lift isn't worth the safety risks.
I know, I bought the truck with them, I would never put them on. So, keep the lift or take it out?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
That is not a block. That's stock spring perches. I did lose turning radius when I first put it on but then I got a drop pitman and that fixed it. But tonight I put on crossover steering and got rid of all that. :D fnoff, if that's what yours looks like I would just leave it.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Here's what mine looks like with a 4" lift and 33's. I think yours is a 6"

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont know why, your mounting brackets just looked big to me? And I just went and looked at my truck, and theres definetely blocks. Can you clear 35's w/ a 4 in or no?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I think I could clear 36's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts