Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I want to get every ones opinion on how I should do my next mods. I have a few things I want to get done but don't know where to start. I'd like to know what order I should do these as well. Thanks. All prices are installed.

Goerend TC & VB- $2500
Smarty - $685
Gauges- $350
Bodyguard FR & RR Replacements- $1700
Anything else ????- $xxx

Of course I'll need to save :$:. Just wanting to know what to save for & when. Much appreciated guys & gals!!!

·
Registered
689 Posts
everything all at once...ofcourse you will have to rob a bank before all of that though. But while your at it add some studs and injectors....

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Jack the bear said it.
Gauges, tranny, smarty.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
everything all at once...ofcourse you will have to rob a bank before all of that though. But while your at it add some studs and injectors....
With more fuel, comes more air! While you're under there and you have sacks of cash, might as well do turbos, yes I mean plural.

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
With more fuel, comes more air! While you're under there and you have sacks of cash, might as well do turbos, yes I mean plural.
dang i knew i forgot something. Thankyou for picking up where i left off :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
5,814 Posts
Why put any un-needed wear and tear on the trans internals that will shorten it's life? Get the trans taken care of before power and then you will get the maximum life out of the clutch packs that Dodge sold you.

Slip them a few times, and then upgrade will just cost you performance and life in the long run

JMO

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why put any un-needed wear and tear on the trans internals that will shorten it's life? Get the trans taken care of before power and then you will get the maximum life out of the clutch packs that Dodge sold you.

Slip them a few times, and then upgrade will just cost you performance and life in the long run

JMO
Yeah I agree. Don't want to harm the delicate tranny for sure.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How about the Fr & RR replacements. I want some protection from those non-drivin fools out there.

·
Premium Member
25,250 Posts
Hello all. I want to get every ones opinion on how I should do my next mods. I have a few things I want to get done but don't know where to start. I'd like to know what order I should do these as well. Thanks. All prices are installed.

Goerend TC & VB- $2500
Smarty - $685
Gauges- $350
Bodyguard FR & RR Replacements- $1700
Anything else ????- $xxx

Of course I'll need to save :$:. Just wanting to know what to save for & when. Much appreciated guys & gals!!!

I don't see fuel system upgrade.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
689 Posts
you might want to with a smarty

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
true, a FASS wouldnt hurt.

·
Premium Member
18,679 Posts
it would be cheaper to put a fass on than buy a pump. plus if you tear you tranny from too much power it could cost you a lot more in the long run. play it safe and listen to other peoples problems and gain some wisdom. any time you add power there is going to be a weak link. in our cases it's usually expensive.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it would be cheaper to put a fass on than buy a pump. plus if you tear you tranny from too much power it could cost you a lot more in the long run. play it safe and listen to other peoples problems and gain some wisdom. any time you add power there is going to be a weak link. in our cases it's usually expensive.
So far I'm thinkin' gauges, then TC & VB, then.......

1 - 20 of 36 Posts