Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2005 CTD 2500 4x4..

current mods:

4" straight pipe exhaust
leveling kit
35" tires
flashpaq programmer
new air intake
currently @ 76k miles

what i'm wondering:

i bought the flashpaq cause this is the only vehicle i was needing programmed.. plus i got a ticket for speeding and wanted to get my speedometer fixed quickly for the bigger tires.. i'm not exactly sure this particular programmer gave me any more HP or anything.. i didn't notice a difference.. this is my daily driver/tow rig to my jeep when i get to take it wheelin'.. i'm not someone wanting 400 hp or anything like that.. i am just curious what simple mods if any i should look into doing to ensure i have a long lasting truck, which i def. hope to get 250k miles out of this thing before i'm ready for a change.. but i do plan to keep this another 4 or 5 years..

did the exhaust to get better sound..
leveling kit for the bigger tires..
air intake to breath better..
programmer as mentioned, to fix the speedometer..

basically tryin' to keep the truck simple and very reliable, but do y'all see anything else i should look into?

interested in any ideas..

thanks..

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,246 Posts
Better filters for fuel and oil filtration. And a good aftermarket intake like an afe filter, in say a icebox, e.t.c.! She will breath better and love you for it!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Fass or Airdog are pretty good for fuel and I like Amsoil for oil and Oil filtration. The amsoil lasts a lot longer than normal oil. But thats just my 2 cents. Goodluck to ya.

·
Registered
240 Posts
in terms of fuel filtration any of the previously mentioned products will help for sure. for someone with a modest powered truck you can achieve decent filtration without spending 700 or so bucks on a fass or airdog set up. You can get a stand alone, in line 2 micron rated fuel filter from glacier diesel online for a fraction of the cost and then use a baldwin brand stock replacement fuel filter in the stock canister to maintain good water separation.

invest in gauges to keep an eye on your truck's vitals. at the very least get a fuel pressure warning light kit to let you know if your stock lift pump as rolled over on you so you don't burn out your cp3.

use a decent fuel additive at each fillup to help with lubrication, fuel cleaning, and any unforseen water/fuel issues.

i'm sure there is much that i'm overlooking but i'm sure someone else will chime in with more.

214 Posts
We are dealers for both FASS and Airdog. We prefer the airdog because it is smaller, quiter, much better warranty and customer service and easier install. But thats from just my experience. Some other guys may have used both and prefer the FASS. Either one will suit your needs. Go ahead and do the fuel system as the factory pumps are crap. An Airdog is the very first upgrade I do to any truck I buy. Injectors are EXPENSIVE.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts