Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Opinion

868 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  4NEATR
If you have a bone stock truck :banghead: and only a $1,000 to start with upgrades, what would you do first? Exterior appearance upgrades? Air intake and DPF/EGR delete? Just wanted some ideas! Don't really want a programmer YET. :lol4:
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,650 Posts
for 1000 you can pretty much buy youself a programmer and do a DPF delete!
and if you dont want a programmer yet, DPF delete is the number 1 mod!

· Registered
11 Posts
Start by looking right here in the Cummins Forum classified adds for DPF delete kit 4 or 5" tbe exhaust, unplug the EGR and a used Edge programer.

· Registered
37 Posts
I suppose it will depend on where you want to go with your truck and what your goals are.

I started small on mine (had it a month so far) by replacing the air intake and installing synthetic oils, so I can baseline my truck and know what it has.

Gauges are important and I plan on having them as well. I figured it would be easier to add the tranny probe in mine after I installed the mag-hytec pan that has a fitting in it. Since I haven't ordered that yet, it goes to the right.

Look at where you want to take your truck, list what you would like to have on it and see which of those items give you the greatest benefit right now and look at those.

Just my .02 worth and it depreciates more every day...:p

· 700hp Club
2,197 Posts
for 1000 you can pretty much buy youself a programmer and do a DPF delete!
and if you dont want a programmer yet, DPF delete is the number 1 mod!
:ditto:
DPF/EGR are #1 on the mod list, after that, check out some of the sigs on this site, you will go crazy.:lol4:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.