Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey-
Long story short - had a shop install an aftermarket lift pump in my 01 2500 in march. Since then I have had an intermittent but severe oil leak. Thinking it was the cam follower gasket we removed the injector pump to find that when the shop had removed the old lift pump, they had also removed the mounting bracket which also serves as a blanking plate. This meant that for the last 9 months (including some offroad) I have had a 2"x2" open hole high on the drivers side of my block. How much debris would get in? How can I assess the damage without a full teardown?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
1 Get a lawyer. 2 Pull the oil filter and cut it open to see what's in there. 3 Get an oil sample and send it to Blackstone labs or some other tester.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
585 Posts
They left a hole? My truck is an "02 and I left my original lift pump off. The only problem I ran into was a small boost leak about a year later when I realized I left a bolt off. Also, they don't have cam followers. Just lifters or "tappets". And I have never heard of a cam follower gasket as the cam is internal. I am not trying to give you a hard time, just trying to help. They all leak, as far as I know, out of the crankcase vent. You just have to keep an eye on the oil level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts