Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just need a quick answer...

so for a tranny to be considered "built" to handle a programmer turned all the way up with exhaust and intake and daily use and abuse am i basically looking at a torque converter and a valve body? is everything else inside ok with all that torque? ie. imput shaft, clutches and all the other nonsence?

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i dont plan on any competition, maybe a track day just for some entertainment but thats all.

what are the most commen problem areas on these?

on a side note, with the 6-speed is the clutch the only short fall of the tranny holding power?

· Registered
12 Posts
well i dont plan on any competition, maybe a track day just for some entertainment but thats all.

what are the most commen problem areas on these?

on a side note, with the 6-speed is the clutch the only short fall of the tranny holding power?
Yea, IMO, The Clutch will be the weakest link.

· Registered
1,534 Posts
If I had the money, I would throw in a billet input shaft and flex plate along with those alto red clutch packs.

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
by flex plate im guessing you mean flywheel?

whats a typicla power level before the clutch packs start to slip?

sorry for all the newby questions but i dont know d**k about transmission other than the basics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.