Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the 2008 crash I had to trade in my 05 phord 250 diesel which in retrospect was a great thing but I was mildly sad to see it go.

Fast forward to 2017 and I found myself really wanting a new Ram. After endless searching I found the right color with the right options and bought it. I promised that if I were to buy another truck after the 05, I would be sure and pay the thing off quickly to avoid losing it if god forbid there was another crash.

Here we are three years later and in the middle of an unheard of crisis/ crash and thankfully, I have just one payment left.

I opted for the 3 yr 0% loan so the payment was steep but I managed to make it work without refinancing.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Congrats dude (y). When I buy another truck that is what I will do. I hate loans and normally buy things cash, but that doesnt help keep the credit score good.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now however I'm slightly concerned about the 18 Challenger T/A that I bought for the wife :/
I went with the four year financing but if she loses her job it might have to go.....

·
Registered
13,740 Posts
After the 2008 crash I had to trade in my 05 phord 250 diesel which in retrospect was a great thing but I was mildly sad to see it go.

Fast forward to 2017 and I found myself really wanting a new Ram. After endless searching I found the right color with the right options and bought it. I promised that if I were to buy another truck after the 05, I would be sure and pay the thing off quickly to avoid losing it if god forbid there was another crash.

Here we are three years later and in the middle of an unheard of crisis/ crash and thankfully, I have just one payment left.

I opted for the 3 yr 0% loan so the payment was steep but I managed to make it work without refinancing.
It's so great to not have any payments. When my loan got down to 2 payments, I raided the piggy bank and paid mine off a little early, felt soooooo gooooodddddd!!!

Now, no house payment, no truck payment, no car payment, so I can ride out the crisis for quite a while if I have to.

·
Registered
13,740 Posts
Congrats dude (y). When I buy another truck that is what I will do. I hate loans and normally buy things cash, but that doesnt help keep the credit score good.
If you have the cash, then you don't need a good credit score, or a credit score at all!

·
Registered
217 Posts

Congrats! It's a great feeling to have your vehicle paid off. Until I bought my 2017 last summer we had not had a vehicle payment since 2004.

·
Clayton @ Dude's Diesel Performance
3,475 Posts
It's so great to not have any payments. When my loan got down to 2 payments, I raided the piggy bank and paid mine off a little early, felt soooooo gooooodddddd!!!

Now, no house payment, no truck payment, no car payment, so I can ride out the crisis for quite a while if I have to.

Now this i am definitely jealous! I like to purchase every few years right around the time that it is finally paid for..... Congrats on being debt free for sure though!

·
Joe @ Dude’s Diesel Performance
1,199 Posts

Congrats my friend! Nothing like having the title in hand, hard work pays off!

·
Registered
6,098 Posts

Congratulations to you. I've been fortunate enough to never need a loan more than 36 months. In fact I seriously considered not getting a loan in 17 and just pay for it, but for as low as the interest was, I went that route.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, yes and yes, I'ts gonna be nice not having the 1500 a month payment around any more. When this wuhan flu pandemic is played out I'm looking forward to pumping that cash into my 69 Charger and 70 Challenger! Disc brakes and fuel injection for all!!!

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
When things started getting crazy with the virus, I received an email from Dave Smith, 84 months, 0 interest.

·
Registered
13,740 Posts
When things started getting crazy with the virus, I received an email from Dave Smith, 84 months, 0 interest.
Just exactly what I don't want, 7 more years of payments...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes, yes and yes, I'ts gonna be nice not having the 1500 a month payment around any more. When this wuhan flu pandemic is played out I'm looking forward to pumping that cash into my 69 Charger and 70 Challenger! Disc brakes and fuel injection for all!!!
Hi CHL2T
I remember you from CC.com
Good to hear you still have the Challenger and Charger. :cool:

·
Cummins Dude
2,770 Posts
I’ve got about a year left and I’m done at $1124 a month.
Thankfully, the company I work for gives me an allowance and I own the truck.

·
Registered
13,740 Posts
Sheesh! I thought I had to have the most outrageously high truck payment at 1108, doesn't make me feel so bad seeing a 1500 and 1124 payments leaving me behind!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Mine is done in June. Now, I wait for the new transmissions to come. Then, I'll buy another one. ;)

·
Registered
13,740 Posts
Damn you all must have high interest rates. Mine is like $800 a month.
Just depends on how much you financed and for how long.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
If you have the cash, then you don't need a good credit score, or a credit score at all!
Would be nice if that were the case. If you'll NEVER need money on loan (and never say never unless you're close to pushin daisies), you won't need a good credit score or any credit score for that matter.
However, there are other things that are affected by your credit score now. Namely insurance, all insurance, auto, home, business etc. And while it may not directly affect you, credit rating is used in approving rentals/leases.
I presume it takes a while to "lose" your credit rating if you don't have credit building activities on your current record, but it happens. Heck, a buddy whom made alot of money, paid cash for everything, money in the bank, million dollar plus home owned outright, tried getting a loan during the last recession to buy up some property during the downturn (he is a builder).
No can do, the banks said. Poor credit score from not maintaining a debt balance and good credit history... He ended up taking a reverse mortgage to get the $ to buy the properties.
This is not a reason to maintain alot of debt or bad debt, but when your insurance rates start getting jacked due to low credit score, you'll be upset.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts