Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw diesel for $5.50 a gal:thud:. This is getting out of hand fast! When is there going to be a diesel strike or something to let these guys know that this HWY robery is not aceptable? I know i dont drive as much as a lot of you guys. but i still comute about 70 miles per day. And it is really starting to hurt. I have 2 jobs and work 7 days a week and my bartending job used to be just for extra cash/play money. Now i work 2 jobs just to put fuel in my truck:$:

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Truckers going on strike would produce mass chaos. That is the last thing we need.
I dont think it would. I rember when i lived in WA prob 15 years ago there was a trucker strike over fuel costs when diesel went up to the same price as gas. it didnt last very long and they droped the price of diesel REAL fast. But thats just what i rember.

·
Diesel-less
4,259 Posts
It's going to get worse before it gets better. People voicing their opinions and doing something that would affect the whole nation would be a good idea.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I'm going to look at a moped tonite... i only drive like 5 miles to work its stupid... so I may look goofy but DANG IT im gonna be saving money! and do my lil part to lower the demand of diesel:CRY:

·
Registered
565 Posts
It sucks, I'm only justifying it because all my fuel cost go as tax deductions for my business. I'm going to look into swapping my 02 Dakota to a 4BT or maybe buy a VW diesel to commute in? I've only have to move my trailer a few times a week, so having something else to drive daily is coming vary soon!

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nation wide trucker strike. Lets make it happen!

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It sucks, I'm only justifying it because all my fuel cost go as tax deductions for my business. I'm going to look into swapping my 02 Dakota to a 4BT or maybe buy a VW diesel to commute in? I've only have to move my trailer a few times a week, so having something else to drive daily is coming vary soon!
I would love to pick up a VW Golf with the TDI 50+MPG and you can bomb them to:thumbsup

·
Registered
565 Posts
I could see one of you guy's having a stack mounted to the hatch :lol3:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Nation wide trucker strike. Lets make it happen!
If they reduced the price in one day that would work. If not we're talking about no food on store shelves. How chaotic do you think this country would get? It would be madness! I may start to stock up on food and ammo pretty soon.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I could see one of you guy's having a stack mounted to the hatch :lol3:
I have heard a few of them straight piped:lol3:. they sound prety cool:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If they reduced the price in one day that would work. If not we're talking about no food on store shelves. How chaotic do you think this country would get? It would be madness! I may start to stock up on food and ammo pretty soon.
Thats what happend in WA stores started running out of food, Gas stations started running out of fuel. Than they lowerd the prices. and everything was back to normal. I dont rember any real madness happining. But it got the job done. but I was young and dont rember all the detales.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
when I lived in so cal some truckers lined there trucks up on the highway and shut them down. It created havic on the highway for hours, it didnt really do anything but inconvience everyday drivers, it was pretty cool though.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I rember that. All the truckers just shut there trucks down on the HWY and walked away.

·
Registered
838 Posts
this is just a rumor i've from my brother, he drives truck for a grain outfit up in idaho. he said the rumors floating around that once diesel hits a certain price some trucking outfits such as swift are shutting down operation. and i heard from a D.A. Davidson stock broker that the oil market is going to drop due to the quick rising prices, i think that floating around on here as well.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I rember that. All the truckers just shut there trucks down on the HWY and walked away.
If they do that here in Denver, I'm going out with a hose and alots of gas cans :lol3:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Diesel futures are already putting diesel around the 6.50 mark in 2 months. Write your congressmen and let them know you won't be held hostage by these environmental nutjobs that required diesel to have additives for EPA that double the price of diesel. Let em know while you're at it that we need to be drilling and building refineries on our own soil. I've said it all along that when a loaf of bread is 10.00 due to oil prices people might get pissed off, apparently we aren't there yet because people aren't mad enough to do something about it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, diesel is $1.75/L in Australia ($6.63/gal). We still have it pretty good...

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know that fuel is more in some places around the world. And a LOT less in some pleces to. All im saying is somthing needs to happen. And FAST!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I filled up at 4.46 yesterday.. still not happy, check this site out, put you Zip in and it will tell you the cheapest place in your area... hope this helps Gas Prices - MSN Autos

1 - 20 of 112 Posts