Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen this topic raised in awhile. I have free oil changes for life, but the dealer doesn't make it easy when it's appointment time. So, I grow tired and will start doing it myself when I have those drop it off today and pick it up tomorrow.

What type of oil does Dodge use in our 3RD's? I don't want to switch over to Synthetic, because I'm still going to use Dodge when I can stop in and get it changed.

So, what is the best (IHO's) when it comes to conventional diesel motor oil and what does Dodge use that Cummins recommends?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I use shell Rotella T in mine every oil change, looking at going to the synthetic.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
your dealer/service department must ****. never heard anyone having to leave their vehicle just for a oil change. they really thrive on customer satisifaction dont they? alot of people use rotella from walmart.

**** sorry about the 3 letter word dad, ill watch it!

·
It's got 12 Valves...
5,009 Posts
Mobil Delvac or Valvoline Premium Blue are also some good choices for conventional :thumbsup. Cummins endorses Valvoline Premium Blue.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
your dealer/service department must . never heard anyone having to leave their vehicle just for a oil change. they really thrive on customer satisifaction dont they? alot of people use rotella from walmart.
Walmart? There's one I don't trust. If anybody can alter the quality.....Actually I get my Rotella at the best price from NAPA. And yes Wally is big enough to do just that.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Valvoline premium blue

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys :thumbsup

As far as the dealer; Wouldn't you try and push away a Cummins oil change due to the cost :lol3: I'm sure they try and get us to stop bringing it in for that to save them a little coin. If I called ahead, the first thing the next morning, I brought it in and they did it then. Maybe a 10 minute wait. Now, it's make an appointment and drop it off for the day :butt:

·
Registered
73 Posts
My NAPA does not carry the new Rotella Triple Protection CJ-4 oil. Where is the best place to find the CJ-4 oil?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Travis13,

Walmart sell Rotella CJ-4 oil.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Travis13,

Walmart sell Rotella CJ-4 oil.

That's also the cheapest place I have found where you can buy it.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My NAPA does not carry the new Rotella Triple Protection CJ-4 oil. Where is the best place to find the CJ-4 oil?
Wal-Farts carries it here.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,292 Posts
Exxon XD-3 typically...:w:

·
Premium Member
3,483 Posts
Obviously I am biased:)lol3:), but I use Amsoil.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Rotella-T 15w40 is the best. I took an oil sample to have it analized and the guy said he was the most impressed with rotella. He has seen every type of oil you can put in a diesel and he said it holds up the best verses other oils. He said it is better at the molecular level than most others. As far as protection and emissions go, rotella it is

1 - 17 of 17 Posts