Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I check what code my truck is throwing I have a CEL but don't know how to find out what code it is or where to look it up?

Thanks for helping a diesel newb.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
get in, turn key on and off 3 times and then watch the odometer. It should flash the code there.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
oh crap I have code

P2262-turbocharger Boost Pressure Not Detected - Mechanical

That does not sound good at all!!!
I believe that means you get a new turbo. I'm half way hoping that I get one so I can have a new turbo. But there are also rumors of a newer turbo coming out so maybe my P2262 will wait until the new turbo is out.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,240 Posts
its the new turbo club. its cool there are alot of members.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just threw that code on my 07.5 and the dealer is replacing the turbo tomorrow. I did have to request a new turbo and not just a cleaning. Also, make sure they install the latest flash. So far, I have had the o2 sensor module replaced, the DPF manually cleaned and the turbo boost pressure sensor replaced and "phantom code" for environmental sensors cleared. Hopefully I am about to the point where I can run my truck and enjoy the power without throwing a code!! :ah:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts