Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got out run today by a powerjoke with a sct live wire and 70hp sticks. i want to know what i hve to do to smoke his @$$! Thanks BL$

·
On call 24/7
12,581 Posts
Keep up with him and he will eventually blow a head gasket, then you can pass him.:lol4: Was this a 7.3 or 6.0?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
his was a 6.0 an he didnt just run off an leave me. when we got to the next light he asked what is was runnin an his grin left when i said stock.

·
On call 24/7
12,581 Posts
You can probably get a smarty jr. or any other 100hp box or progammer and stomp him.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so just a smarty sr an CAI an a intake elbow will smoke him?

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
Your clutch will not like the Smarty :lol4:
You won't even need to use the higher levels on the smarty that would smoke your clutch. A friend of mine actually runs the smarty on lvl 7 from time to time on his stock clutch, and he hasn't had problems yet. I wouldn't recomend doing it real often though unless you really want to put in a new clutch.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
stock clutchs dont like anything!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it an o7 an i have been looking at putting one on it but i have no idea what clutch to put in it. i pull alot any way so the y i am looking at a smarty, S&B Cold air an elbow. so what clutch would yall put in my truck?

·
On call 24/7
12,581 Posts
valair is a member on here that has a very good rep. Post a thread in this forum telling him what you want and what you do with your truck and see what he says. Hes a Tx boy too.
Valair Inc. - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

·
Registered
305 Posts
My girlfriends father has an 04 Powerstroke, SCT programmer (not sure what tune) and some stix and that thing hauls for what little is done to it. It's not the most reliable rig however, but for a truck with smallish (50hp) stix and a tuner its pretty quick.

It's not the livewire though, for sure. It's one of the tuners that everybody was in love with a few years ago. Not sure on the HP rating, but I'll tell you it runs good... (when it stays running!)

·
Registered
950 Posts
goof if you take the trailer off you could have left him. Lol I would hold out on the elbow you should not need it yet this weekend I let you ride in mine see what you think. you sould be able to do it with a few mods though

·
Registered
590 Posts
all depends on if it was a custom SCT tune and who made it. There are some 6.0's that get up and go with SCT. One around here that runs a high 13 with SCT/small injectors.

·
Registered
193 Posts
There is a pretty quick 6.0 in my town as well. Running a custom Flyin Hawaiian SCT tune, 50 sticks, and an S300. He was running a Hypertech and lifted a head, then did all this work along with studs, egr delete, etc. Running a stock auto he can get me in the top end, but I kill him out of the hole :buttkick:

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
What year truck? the G56 with the dual mass flywheel doesn't hold up to much, I could slip my stock clutch with my edge j/a on level 3.
It's an 07 and it don't slip. It only has about 20k miles on it. You'll know right away though which levels not to run on the smarty.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I run my Smarty on sw7 all the time on my stock clutch with 103,000 on it....

·
Registered
728 Posts
how bad do you want to kick his A$$?

SMARTY/MP-8, BD R 700's, DDP 120's, Wicked CP3 ought to do it LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts