Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so for the most part we know that the baldwin PF7977 was the best fuel filter for the stock fuel system which is at 5 microns. But now it seems afe has been able to release a 3 micron drop in fuel filter. AFE Power 44-ff010 Proguard D2 Fuel Fluid Filter Meets 3 Micron Level for sale online | eBay I looked at afes website and didn't see any micron rating. I even called their customer support and the guy I spoke to (michael) said it is indeed a 3 micron rated fuel filter. So it looks like for those keeping the stock fuel system, afe is the way to go. Pro GUARD HD Fuel Filter. I am curious to see anyone who has ran the bald and afe and if they have had any issues with either.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
that afe filter has been around for years. It's riddled with bad reviews of fitment issues as well. I would love to see some data from afe on it though which I doubt they'd provide.

Like do they not publicly list it as a 3 micron filter because technically it's a 1% effective at 3 microns filter? lol.

for example, unless something changed the Baldwin data is:

1-2 Micron Nominal
5 Micron to absolute at a 98.75% efficiency

·
Trying to learn
5,632 Posts
IIRC that afe is not a water separator type filter.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that afe filter has been around for years. It's riddled with bad reviews of fitment issues as well. I would love to see some data from afe on it though which I doubt they'd provide.

Like do they not publicly list it as a 3 micron filter because technically it's a 1% effective at 3 microns filter? lol.

for example, unless something changed the Baldwin data is:

1-2 Micron Nominal
5 Micron to absolute at a 98.75% efficiency
Fitment as in to tall? To wide? To small? Doesn’t seal right? I’m curious.

·
Trying to learn
5,632 Posts
Read this from a few years back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts