Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Ok guy how fast will it be???

1529 Views 29 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  lostnwalmart
Ok so my buddy has a 12V cummins he runs like a 17's in the 1/4 with a number 8 cam plate and 300 horse injectors. How much quicker will it be with delivery valves and 4K govern springs?
Thanks for the help,
Derek
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Banned
1,096 Posts
idk bout him.... but the setup thats in my sig. i run dead nuts even with my buddys 05 lly with ppe hot+2 on level 4.

· Registered
72 Posts
If its running that slow in 1/4 mile then my guess is it wont make him run much faster he may get into the 15s what size is his turbo

· Registered
72 Posts
Wow!!! those injectors should be way to big for the stock turbo

· Banned
1,096 Posts
Ok well i dont know crap about 12V haha. What does your buddy run in the 1/4
idk how accruate it is but.... my buddy with the lly has an edge w/t att on the dash just for monitoring (he runs just the ppe)... the juice has 1/4 mile time setting and he run like a 15.... so im gueessing my trucks in the 15s too

· BlackedoUT VP
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
idk how accruate it is but.... my buddy with the lly has an edge w/t att on the dash just for monitoring (he runs just the ppe)... the juice has 1/4 mile time setting and he run like a 15.... so im gueessing my trucks in the 15s too
Sweet does your buddy have a stock trans?? If he does he better start saving for a new one.

· Banned
1,096 Posts
yea.... level 5 on his ppe slips the tranny in 5th gear. thats why he runs lvl 4:doh: hahaha

· Banned
1,096 Posts
that why he went to ppe.... he has the hot ulock code for the edge and it alwayz went into limp mode in a hurry.

hes had the ppe for like 2 months now.... hasnt ever went to limp mode. and the tranny shifts alot better with the ppe.

· Registered
72 Posts
ok that makes more sense my bad, his egts should still be pretty high though right?

· BlackedoUT VP
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ive never met him man lol But tell him get a hold of me and ill help him out :thumbsup:
Cool I will tell him. Do you go to the meets here or go out and cruise with people here?? I've been a couple times with snackpack, Eric, Shaw, Craig and a couple others i dont really know

· BlackedoUT VP
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that why he went to ppe.... he has the hot ulock code for the edge and it alwayz went into limp mode in a hurry.

hes had the ppe for like 2 months now.... hasnt ever went to limp mode. and the tranny shifts alot better with the ppe.
Yeah PPE is the way to go for programmers but the ultimate would be EFI. Skys the limit with that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.