Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 long wheel base 85k miles
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so made first 1k mile trip pulling horse trailer and I want to delete the truck now... service check engine light came on stopped checked and it needed a regen - plus it squeaked while regening made me annoyed like something was wrong ... ram fine. Pulled trailer 75-80 like nothing but only got 11.5 miles a gallon

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am curious if someone can build me a budget friendly delete option

·
Registered
6,074 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Price will be 2k. Not bad. Not hard to wrench and install my self I wouldn’t think. Biggest hurdle will be the exhaust stud that is the big issue on the cooler

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And screw it pulling the exhaust and putting flo-pro in and crossing the inspection hurdle then

·
Registered
10,351 Posts
How much did the trailer weigh? That fuel economy is not bad considering your pulling a horse trailer at 80mph. If you want better fuel economy while towing ease up on the right pedal.
My thoughts as well.

@Klbhammond87 what are the specs on the truck? fill out your sig.

·
Registered
10,351 Posts
2013 ram 2500 4x4 long wheelbase 83k miles
11.5 mpg sounds about right for 80 mph. You really won't see much gain in that by deleting, and likely never enough to justify the cost of a delete kit.

Even the regen's on a 13+ motor don't take much fuel, especially when towing or driving above 65 mph.

Reactions: tryNto

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gotcha. Let me ask will the exhaust chirp when regenning? It was just a small 3 horse bumper pull with one horse.

·
Registered
10,351 Posts
Gotcha. Let me ask will the exhaust chirp when regenning? It was just a small 3 horse bumper pull with one horse.
I wouldn't say it chirps, but it does make heat expansion noises. I've only ever heard then on a stationary regen thou, and not while driving. The only way I can tell I am in regen while driving is with my CTS2.

When I drag our 16' stock trailer at 80 I get in the 10.5-12 range depending on winds and ambient temp. The same as I got with my 05 that was tuned and getting better mileage that it did stock. They really did a great job with the 13+ motors.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes the truck was stopped I go under because it made a chirp noice like a older truck belt squeaking. Was right at the dpf. Thanks for the piece of mind

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was a chirp like a old truck belt squeak but when laid under the truck it was from the DPF area . While driving the check engine light came on but when it did it’s cycle or the chirp it went off

·
Registered
10,351 Posts
It was a chirp like a old truck belt squeak but when laid under the truck it was from the DPF area . While driving the check engine light came on but when it did it’s cycle or the chirp it went off
That doesn't sound right.

Go by an auto parts store and scan for codes. It should still be there even if the light is off.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The def injector makes a ticking noise when its working. Maybe that's the chirp your hearing

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Reactions: AH64ID

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah it is a chirp tick is the injection spot the 2 inch probe looking piece at the DPF? And also is there a crank case vent that needs to be changed also after so long

1 - 20 of 31 Posts