Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my truck for about a year now. At 400 miles I put on a carli suspension and 35" toyos and plugged in the smarty. Now it's time to do the dpf delete. I have read posts until my brain hurts there are so many of them.
So, I see there are different opinions on this but what is the easiest way to do the delete? I don't really want to remove the egr yet, just disable it. Also, does anyone make a dpf delete that bolts in and looks like factory? What to do as little work as possible when inspections come around.

·
700hp Club
2,196 Posts
I have had my truck for about a year now. At 400 miles I put on a carli suspension and 35" toyos and plugged in the smarty. Now it's time to do the dpf delete. I have read posts until my brain hurts there are so many of them.
So, I see there are different opinions on this but what is the easiest way to do the delete? I don't really want to remove the egr yet, just disable it. Also, does anyone make a dpf delete that bolts in and looks like factory? What to do as little work as possible when inspections come around.
with the smarty you can put just about any 5.9 exhaust in that you like, no need for foolers

·
Premium Member
10,376 Posts
If you plan on using a exhaust from a 5.9 like 4NEATR mentioned instead of a Flo-Pro kit, make sure you use the 04.5-07 5.9 systems.

James
RSD

Reactions: 4NEATR

·
www.ATSdiesel.com
592 Posts
if you want something to look stock you can always just hollow out the stock DPF... but due to cost of these unit from the factory, I suggest buying a used one off the internet for a couple hundres bucks and hollowing that out... we are in the works of designing a hi-flow DPF unit for these newer trucks, but we are just waiting on a few pieces of "red tape" before it is released...

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm kind of in the same boat. I won't have to worry about inspections from the BMV or DOT, but I do want to retain my warranty for as long as possible. I've considered going the DPF-R route, but I'm not sure that its something I'm going to want to deal with taking on and off every time I go back to the dealer for something. I was thinking about just buying a DPF delete pipe with the bungs in it to replace all the sensors and probes etc. and hoping that a programmer like smarty would take care of any codes that came up, but I'm not sure that it's something I want to gamble with until I talk to a few people who have had luck that way.
Let me know what you decide to do:confused013:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Ok, scratch that... Just read on smarty's site that the programmers for the 6.7L are NOT untraceable as they were on the 5.9L.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much horsepower can you get to without the downpipe being restrictive? I see some are changing everything, some are changing the downpipe and removing the dpf and some are just removing the dpf.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts