Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brand of oil comes in cummins from the factory??? Also what oil and oil filter does everybody run in theirs... thanks.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
the brand or the weight? or both? you will get a million different people on here running different oils and filter there is a whole tread dedicated to it! i like rotella and a royal purple filter

·
Registered
312 Posts
I use Wix filters and Valvoline Cummins Blue oil.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
see it already has started a million guys running a million different oil weights, oil brands, and oil filter setups lol

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
My dealer said they use Valvoline in them, 15w-40. I use the Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme 5w-40 with a Wix filter and have never had any issues.

·
Registered
295 Posts
What brand of oil comes in cummins from the factory??? Also what oil and oil filter does everybody run in theirs... thanks.
Valvoline Premium Blue 15w-40 comes from the factory and is highly endorsed by cummins. I use fleetguard stratapore oil filters.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I use a K&N oil filter and Rotella 5W-40 synthetic oil.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I use the Fleetguard Stratapore filter and Delo 400 15W40. So far so good! I had free oil changes the first year I owned the truck, and the dealer used the above mentioned Valvolene 15W40 oil.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts