Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like peoples opinion on my oil report I'm somewhat concerned about the iron as it relates to the oil I'm using

Thanks

Attachments

·
Diesel Head
1,546 Posts
I know Amsoil makes good oil but the lack of moly always concerns me. Maybe try switching to something that contains a healthy slug of moly. Your iron is higher than normal but nothing to lose sleep over. Not yet anyway. Were you particularly hard on the truck this run?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would not say I was particularly hard on my truck this run. I did more in town driving then normal and I did take it hunting were there is a lot of short trips at low low RPMs. Could this be contributing factor

·
Diesel Head
1,546 Posts
Short trips at low, low rpm could be the issue. I believe the cam shaft, which is iron, is lubed by splash oiling meaning oil flung off of the crank. So low rpms could cause some wear in that respect. If it were me, I'd get an oil with moly... There are quite a few of them out there. Moly clings to metal and sacrifices itself instead of the part. I've got a blackstone report coming in today or tomorrow. I had some copper issues. And a bad turbo. I'll post back with my results and we can compare. :thumbsup

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
Tony, there was a member here, who's now banned that noticed the iron spike when using Amsoil also. He didn't know why, he was just making observations of people oil analyses' with Amsoil. Any ideas??? Hope you are well!!:thumbsup

·
Diesel Head
1,546 Posts
Hey DW... I'm fine.

I didn't think you could get banned from this place? I know DTR would ban you for sneezing. :lol3:

Anyhow, I do remember reading about that situation but do not remember the specifics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts