Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished rebuilding my 5.9. I had oil pressure when I first started the engine. Then noil pressure. I have replaced oil pump,oil pressure relief valve, oil regulator, oil cooler, new pick up tube. I still have no oil pressure. Any ideas.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Even though you may get help here, it’s best to post in the correct section.
Model year etc. This is in the 2019+ 6.7ltr section.

·
Registered
23,840 Posts
No it is not 2019 section. He is in right place. Put on manual gauge unit to see if you have no oil pressure or no reading.

Reactions: MustangDiesel004

·
Vendor Deluxe
15,036 Posts
No it is not 2019 section. He is in right place. Put on manual gauge unit to see if you have no oil pressure or no reading.
Mods moved it here from there. Think about it.

·
Registered
1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya that was the first thing I did no oil I tried priming wielded nut on old pump oil didn't make it to valve train. I even tried pushing oil thru top of filter housing but again no joy. I trying to figure out what else to try.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Ya that was the first thing I did no oil I tried priming wielded nut on old pump oil didn't make it to valve train. I even tried pushing oil thru top of filter housing but again no joy. I trying to figure out what else to try.
I don't understand what you're trying to do there. Explain a little clearer. How are you pushing oil through the filter. Priming a wielded nut. ??. Best I can say is to take it apart and see what went wrong.

·
Registered
1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I welded a nut on the old oil pump. And used a pressure vessel with a quart of oilseveral times about a gallon. And I was looking for anything I might have missed. And yes I'm just about ready to pull the motor out again.

·
Registered
726 Posts
You recon a plugged line or possibly oil gallery in the head or block?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Check that the oil pressure relief is not stuck open or that the spring is not crushed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts