Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I bought my 01 Ram my oil pressure sensor has been pegged all the way to the right. I have been told there was a tsr on this but havent been able to find one. Could it be just a bad sensor. Any ideas?:confused013:

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Does the hand move back to the left when the key is off?.If not then the gauge is either gone bad or the hand could be stuck.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Mine does the same thing but once it hits opt temp you moves down. I tested the Sensor and everything was still right no busted or crimped wires.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oil pressure

No it doesn't move back & forth. As soon as I start it up it maxes out and stays there. I recently noticed that when I'm towing something my check gauges light comes on and when I look at the gauge its reading in the center or where it would be normally.:banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Sounds like the gauge is going out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine is at 0 when the truck is off but as soon as I fire it up, it pegs out and dont move... For $200 for the sensor, it will stay like that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did the diagnosis test on the cluster and it didn't spit out any error codes. So could it still be the gauge itself or the sensor? Also when the key is off needle stays on the high side of normal operating range.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
If the needle isn't dropping all the way back to the left with the key off the gauge is most likely the problem.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for all your help.

·
West Virginia Chapter VP
1,388 Posts
So it's the gauge and not the sensor? Am I understanding correctly?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.