Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 01 and the oil pressure gauge reads 60psi at all times. Did the cluster self test, no codes threr or in the ECU or PCM. Using a Snap-On Modis, no PID for oil pressure voltage. Obviously the next step will be testing the wiring, ECU, and sensor itself. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem....:turbo:

·
Registered
371 Posts
its the oil pressure sending unit same thing happens to me except one day im driving to work and i lose all pressure, damn near crapped my pants, pulled over shut the truck off started it back up and pressure guage shot up to 60 again and went down to 0 i opened up the oil fill and the were plenty of oil under the valve cover so i start wondering why the hell its happening, apperently its a common problem, just look up the oil pressure sending unit, get it from cummins its about 70 bucks. ive heard it like 200 from dodge

·
Registered
24 Posts
Same problem here, but found out from my very reliable mechanic that my problem is in the ECU itself. I tried the new sensor from Cummins, but it didn't work. I later found out that along with replacing a sensor, the 2001's sometimes require some special steps to complete the fix. Dodge TSB 08-22-99 may be required to fully fix the problem (you can find it here: TSB 08-22-99). Unfortunately, it didn't work on mine, but a $60 Autometer does the same more accurately, just have to deal with the ding ding whenever I start.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Correction, it's not just the 2001's

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
There was a flash from Dodge that made the oil psi gauge fake. The ECM still sees the proper pressure from the sender, but it makes the dash an idiot gauge. They did this due to too many complaints about pressure movement, which was perfectly normal.

·
Registered
893 Posts
same things is happening to me only i get stuck on 40, mine will resest eventually, but im getting annoyed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts