Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the trucks sitten there idling and i here ting and oil starts dumping on the ground got to looken around and looked like it was comen from the turbo side of the motor maby around the water pump. shut it down and talked to a dodge tech and he thanks the oil pump pin shot though the timing cover he said its a popular thang for the 12 valves any body got any opinons on the problem or better the price to get it fixed

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like you've been a victim of the infamous KDP... Killer Dowel Pin
KILLER DOWEL PIN
at least im not the only one to have this problem thanks for the link makes alot more since no hopefully it dident get into gears

·
Registered
67 Posts
you would've heard a hell of a lot more than a ting. If it went into the gears it would have F*ed the timing... causing your pistons to hit the valves and all hell to break loose

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you would've heard a hell of a lot more than a ting. If it went into the gears it would have F*ed the timing... causing your pistons to hit the valves and all hell to break loose
i thang that mite have happend to because it kept making ting noises and hissing and started to loop real bad

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no i shut it down

·
Registered
67 Posts
then you should be aright. it would have died on its own. most of the noise you probably heard was just due to the fact you have a hole in the front of your engine that wasn't there before, haha

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
then you should be aright. it would have died on its own. most of the noise you probably heard was just due to the fact you have a hole in the front of your engine that wasn't there before, haha
ya no s**t huh how big of a pain is to fix

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
by the way your truck looks good

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the links helps to under stand it alittle bit better

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya this place has really come in handy that and iv leared alot on here iv got a buddy with a 24 valve thats actully his truck on the trailer but iv ben showen him stuff that i learen on here

1 - 16 of 16 Posts