Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that answers to this thread will only be opionions.
Anyway, I've been monitering my oil level since I installed my bypass system. I usually check the level in the morning when the truck is stone cold, making sure I'm right at the top of the safe zone.

After about 3,700 mi. I was about a half quart low, or so. So... I added a little. Now, a week later, checked it in the morning, and I'm about a half quart high.
Question being... will being a half quart over (when stone cold) harm the ol' cummins??

·
Registered
963 Posts
What you want to do is when you change your oil cheak your oil pan level, to be sure it is marked correctly, then do not over-fill, add at the add mark. If you over-fill it, it will blow it out as the crankcase will preasureise and blow it out the vent. 1/2 a quart is not excessive, oil and coolant in the morning and auto trans at night, full is between the marks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled a half quart out via the amsoil return cap. I'll check again in the morn. Thanks for the advise!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Anybody know what the capacity of an eabp100 filter is? I filled mine up from a gallon jug as much as possible, not sure how much that was, before spinning it on. I'm fine on the full mark and there's no unusual movement up or down with the level when I check in in the mornings. Would be nice to know when changing the bypass filter exactly how much to dump in there. 3 gallons for the engine + ??? for the bypass filter...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts