Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was one of the lucky ones with a truck that produced oil. I have not read a post that actually verified the root cause of this issue so I am starting a new thread. I took my truck in for the 2nd time to a different dealer and I got a response I liked.:$: The diesel tech said that he noticed a noisy injector (cracked or leaky) and said that this was most likely the cause of the problem. Next Friday I take it in, they are going to replace the noisy injector and test/inspect the others. I will keep you all posted on what actually happens and what they find.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was one of the lucky ones with a truck that produced oil. I have not read a post that actually verified the root cause of this issue so I am starting a new thread. I took my truck in for the 2nd time to a different dealer and I got a response I liked.:$: The diesel tech said that he noticed a noisy injector (cracked or leaky) and said that this was most likely the cause of the problem. Next Friday I take it in, they are going to replace the noisy injector and test/inspect the others. I will keep you all posted on what actually happens and what they find.
I had one inject to do that on my old 03 5.9 and within 5 miles it pumped one gallon of diesel into the crankcase. Dealer replaced the injector under warranty and no more problems for 90,000 miles before I sold it.:w:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Mine builds up a little too. I thought it might have something to do with the extra fuel being pushed into the engine during regeneration but that's just my guess. I was going to get an oil sample when they drain at the next oil change and send it off for analysis to see how much fuel dilution is taking place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts