Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got engine oil in my antifreeze. I'm figurin this means I got a head Gasket leakin. Will it hurt it to drive like this for a little while?

· Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was figurin, was getting ready to leave for ts when i seen it. Doesn't seem like there's any antifreeze in my Engine oil though.

· Registered
399 Posts
Well you have a bad headgasket, if it gets worse coolant could get into the oil and bearings dont like that very much. A couple hours is all it takes to put a headgasket in.

· Registered
184 Posts
uh, do the oil cooler first before you tear the head off, unless you have reason to suspect the headgasket.... its easier to do the cooler, and more likely unless you have been going crazy on the boost.

· Premium Member
3,161 Posts
Both can be suspect, your situation will tell which is more important to check first. Oil cooler aren't an normal issue, however a couple of guys have had issues. On a 24V the Head Gasket is my first thought if you have alot of boost or alot of timing.

· Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I have a phat shaft 64 on there and it is up around 45psi on occasion. the head is off and getting o-ringed and all that good happy stuff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.