Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone be so kind as to confirm where the oil galley plugs belong on a 2004.5 24 valve?
I am in the process of reassembling my engine the machine shop knocked out 3 plugs (they were returned to me in a baggie) I know there is one in the front of the block and one in the back both above the cam and the third i was told goes on the passanger side of the block behind the oil filter housing. If this is true where exactly does it go?
A pic or a diagram would be of great help :confused013:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok well i figured it out... for anyone else wondering, i will share
These are expansion plugs just under 1 inch in diameter.
NOTE. do not use plugs other than genuine cummins parts, the aftermarket plugs are ever so slightly the wrong size and WIIL POP OUT AFTER INSTALLATION!

There is one plug goes in the front of the engine block above the cam
Another goes in the same galley at the REAR of the block above the cam
The third also is installed from the rear of the block but across from the cam on the passanger side.

I believe the plugs on the rear also are covered up if not fully, partially by the bellhousing adapter plate making a leak require engine or trans removal... so play it safe kids, you may want to stake or even thread and plug those oil galleys.

Reactions: MotorCityMadman

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Cummins part number for these oil galley plugs is 3900956.
You will need 3 of them, don't worry, they're cheap. :cbadge::peelout

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Looks like we ran into some issues. Please come back and try again later