Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys.. I need an Oil filter relocation kit for my Cummins. Not looking for anything exciting and hoping to know it it is possible to use a universal style kit.

Sitting in the driveway until I can figure this out.... New turbo doesn't clear the oil filter.

·
Premium Member
20,443 Posts
Summit Racing and Jegs have those but not sure if for a Cummins. If you could get a helpful salesperson they might be able to do some checking for you. You can do a bypass oil filter I have the part no.'s of everything you will need, but you will have to find a way to plug off the old one.

·
Premium Member
20,443 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I didn't really want to spend 300 bucks on one...

For whatever it's worth to anyone, the universal kit does not work on a Cummins... I found this out after spending the 70bucks on one yesterday, and not being able to return it because I opend the box to check fitment. Now my excursion is going to sit down for a couple days while I order the correct one..

·
Premium Member
20,443 Posts
When I googled ( cummins 5.9 oil filter relocation ) there was other things that came up you might check for something better.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Search 3284170 cummins part number

looks like this. i dont know if it will help but i just saw it yesterday on a pirate4x4 build.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For anyone looking for an inexpensive oil filter spin on adapter.... Good luck.

I have called and spoke with Jegs, Summit and a few misc places that provide these products. The only company that made an inexpensive spin on (that I could find) for the cummins is (was) Perma-Cool. Perma-cool recently went out of business and the Co that purchased them has discontinued this item.. I found a gentleman that has a batch of them so if you are looking for a simple inexpensive spin on to run your own custom setup I can get you his contact info.
He charges 39 bucks plus shipping..
Seems like a Bargain when everything else is several hundred bucks..

·
Registered
844 Posts
For anyone looking for an inexpensive oil filter spin on adapter.... Good luck.

I have called and spoke with Jegs, Summit and a few misc places that provide these products. The only company that made an inexpensive spin on (that I could find) for the cummins is (was) Perma-Cool. Perma-cool recently went out of business and the Co that purchased them has discontinued this item.. I found a gentleman that has a batch of them so if you are looking for a simple inexpensive spin on to run your own custom setup I can get you his contact info.
He charges 39 bucks plus shipping..
Seems like a Bargain when everything else is several hundred bucks..
pls post pics

1 - 9 of 9 Posts