Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey quint, just figured a few guys are using it, and it's approved by ram, Cummins seems like the right flow, mic, but I'm no expert if I missed something please let me know, thanks
cummngs is saying lf3972 standard or lf16035 premium ( to many dam choices lol )

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Dodge Ram Cummins Mopar and Fleetguard Fuel Filters

I use the Mopar Nanonet fuel filters. 5 micron outer/3 micron inner filter. It is a 2 stage filter.

For the rear differential on my truck, I used Amsoil Severe Gear® 75W-90 gear oil. AMSOIL Synthetic Gear Lube - Gear Oil I choose Amsoil for the extended mileage between changes. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

When I changed my rear diff fluid, I purchased 5 quarts. I used 4 full quarts, and a bit of the 5th one. My truck has a 11.50 Rear Axle
thanks ,I use Amsoil in my bike trans,I thought I knew what an oil filter was till I started reading on this forum !!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
For the fuel filter mopar or Feetguard nanonet filter is best. fleetguard makes both of them.

Mopar part#. FS_MOP68157291

Fleetguard part#. FS53000

I buy whichever I can find for a better price. Usually it's the mopar one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
716 Posts
I did the differentials myself but I have since new taken it to the dealer for oil changes.
$73 and they wash and vaccume my truck. I changed it once myself and didn't even save $20,the mess,disposal of used oil. They use the factory filter which is a Baldwin filter and Rottella oil. Plus they look my truck over each time for potential issues, so far they found a bad rear main seal,covered under warranty,carrier bearing,both front u-joints all warranty

·
Registered
34 Posts
For my 2014 2500 I used Mopar Oil Filters and Fuel Filters from Amazon, even got the Shell T6 Full Syn from Amazon, all shipped for free and price of filters were def. cheaper than the dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I did the differentials myself but I have since new taken it to the dealer for oil changes.
$73 and they wash and vaccume my truck. I changed it once myself and didn't even save $20,the mess,disposal of used oil. They use the factory filter which is a Baldwin filter and Rottella oil. Plus they look my truck over each time for potential issues, so far they found a bad rear main seal,covered under warranty,carrier bearing,both front u-joints all warranty
hey diesel freak,,,just for the heck of it I called dealer ( 23 miles ) they wanted 149.99 plus tax ) next dealer 78 miles,,,o well gave it a shot,,,thanks

·
Registered
693 Posts
If a person changes oil every 5000 to 6000 miles, those filters would be a waste of money. You would have to risk/run extended change intervals in order for those filters to be cost effective.
Being deleted and/or running 10,000-15,000 mile OCI is where this filter would benefit you, provided you also do oil analysis to ensure your TBN is good.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a new 2016. Would the LF16035 be sufficient for it and would it work on my 2007 5.9? I had been running the donaldson DBL-ELF 7349 on the 5.9. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Donaldson better micron rating at efficiency as well as better flow rating GPM

·
Registered
341 Posts
It may not be any better than the others, but Im a firm believer in Rotella 15-w40. Have 2 fords with 43x,000 miles, one with 26x,000 miles, and a few machines over 6000 hours that have been run on Rotella 15-40 since day one and no oil related issues with any of them. I just feel like if it works, no need to change. My Ram will have 15-40 Rotella in it too.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts