Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pulled the truck into the garage to install a fass t150. When I was done the temp outside was right around 0. I made a quick trip to test it. The next morning I noticed a few oil drips on the ground where it was parked and right under the ccv tube. It has been leaving little spots whenever it it parked since then. The black spot has no diesel smell in it but it is fairly runny. I doubt the fass would cause it? Is this a common thing when it gets this cold out? I have done the simple blow-by test and the cap doesn't move with no puffs of oil/steam out of the filler. The father says it's not a big deal but when a truck goes from no leak to leak naturally you start doing the checklist. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
15,615 Posts
If you didn't get the engine completely up to temp for a good amount of time it is probably just water condensation from the cold temps. Unless you get full temp and run a winter front cold temps will definitely cause more vapor and condensation from the vent tube.

Reactions: Chuckles84

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect. I have noticed a lot of vapor/condensation(like a gasser) from the exhaust when it gets this cold. It has been in the single digits for a few days. I can drive my truck in town for 30 minutes and not have it break 170. I guess a winter front is in order.

·
Premium Member
15,615 Posts
Yeah, under about 20 degrees a cold weather front will help warm and keep the engine warm. Makes difference as the diesel is so load dependent and cooling system so large.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.