Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the cummins forum and have a quick question..

Under my radiator (drivers side), there is a somewhat 'cup' of oil that looks as if it is slowly dripping out.. Any ideas of what this can be?

THANKS ALOT!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
This site is equipped with a search button.. New dudes should use it before asking questions.. If you search oil leak or anything like that you would be amazed at the 200 threads about it already! Try the search term "breather bottle" and you will get all the info you need. Good luck! :thumbsup:

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts
Hmmm...

Just jump over and check out my permanent fix for that dumb design...
Crancase Vent

·
Registered
623 Posts
Loco, it would have been quicker to answer the question:doh: the "cup" you speak of is actually a horribly designed crankcase breather, best thing to do is remove the catch bottle and place a piece of 3/4"ID tubing over it then route that right behind the front axle, MOPAR1973MAN also has a pretty nice looking setup he built for his truck with PVC pipe..... either way get rid of that stupid bottle! mine was gone when I bought my truck and due to the radiator fan slinging the residue onto the radiator it made a mess:banghead:

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts

(Refer to the TSB in my link)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow thanks alot guys for all the help.. Moparman, thats a great design, and I am sure I will be doing that ASAP and if I have any questions, you will be the one I talk to..

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Loco, it would have been quicker to answer the question:doh: the "cup" you speak of is actually a horribly designed crankcase breather, best thing to do is remove the catch bottle and place a piece of 3/4"ID tubing over it then route that right behind the front axle, MOPAR1973MAN also has a pretty nice looking setup he built for his truck with PVC pipe..... either way get rid of that stupid bottle! mine was gone when I bought my truck and due to the radiator fan slinging the residue onto the radiator it made a mess:banghead:
Ya whatever dude. Theres so many good fixes out there why not see a few of them, and not just my idea..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts