Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

oil cooler help!

3341 5
I bought a 93 12valve motor and puttign it in a f-250. my question is my motor dont have a oil cooler on it. where can these oil coolers be bought at? also they did have them from factory right?
thanks,
jimmy
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,609 Posts
The oil cooler is tucked in a little hole in the block; it's on the front exhaust-side of the engine, underneath the thermostat housing, behind the alternator.

I don't know what, if anything, is available on the aftermarket.

· Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe my block has it in them. i was told it was a exturnal oil cooler. anyone have pic of where it is located?

· Registered
29 Posts
I purchased mine at the cummins crosspoint in Indianapolis, i could of paid the same price at freightliner, but do not purchase from dodge unless you have money to burn. My friends father has a small dodge dealership i even called him. He said they sold it for 515.00 dollars, his cost was 330.00. It can actually be purchased cheaper than they can get it. I asked the guy at the cummins place and he said they dont give dodge any breaks on prices, because the only thing they have to do with dodge is strictly the engine and they did not get any deals. Thats word for word and my friend pretty much verified it for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.