Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Unsure on the oil filter, but as to the fuel filters:
  • The underhood / canister fuel filter is made by Fleetguard.
  • The rear separator is made by Parker / RACOR.

I ask because up here in oh Canada the mopar fuel filters are $92+ for the water separator and $71+ for the fuel filter so I was looking for the same specs or who makes them to see if there is more reasonably priced solutions. I couldn't find any Racor dealers up here. On the flip side the oil filter from fleetguard is $14

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I ask because up here in oh Canada the mopar fuel filters are $92+ for the water separator and $71+ for the fuel filter so I was looking for the same specs or who makes them to see if there is more reasonably priced solutions. I couldn't find any Racor dealers up here. On the flip side the oil filter from fleetguard is $14
You can't order from Amazon in Canada?

·
Registered
13,402 Posts
You're getting those prices from who?

Try fleetgueard for both fuel filters, FS20089 rear and FS53000 front.

·
Registered
10,829 Posts
Well Jimmy, at least you didn't remove your oil pan to wipe it down.... did you?
Nah, it was getting late. I ran a few gallons of ATF and acetone through it instead.
And wiped off the outside of the pan.

But what seemed to clean it out the best was folding the mirrors out.

·
Registered
567 Posts
You're getting those prices from who?

Try fleetgueard for both fuel filters, FS20089 rear and FS53000 front.
You can't order from Amazon in Canada?

only mopar sells mopar up here. ive checked all the usual online places amazon & fleetguard are even more expensive $82-$102. There's some no name brands but i'm not chancing those so that's why I was asking who manufactures them or who has the same specs. Amazon has a crazy Wix fuel filter kit for $275 ... :banging:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
only mopar sells mopar up here. ive checked all the usual online places amazon & fleetguard are even more expensive $82-$102. There's some no name brands but i'm not chancing those so that's why I was asking who manufactures them or who has the same specs. Amazon has a crazy Wix fuel filter kit for $275 ... :banging:
I went onto Amazon/Canada and found these for you. They're $200 Canadian, which is about $150 American.

Considering that Trudeau has to get his #woke tax, that ain't all that bad.

It's all three filters....Including Oil. Mopar

https://www.amazon.ca/Dodge-Cummins-Diesel-Filter-Mopar/dp/B0718X28V6/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=6.7l+cummins+fuel+filters&qid=1579021691&sr=8-9

·
Registered
195 Posts
Was just in to the dealer this past friday to get the oil changed and fuel filters replaced. I took in my own fuel filters and total cost was right at $150.00. If I hadn't had 6 back surgeries, I'd have been under there myself. The pisser is they charged $35.00 a piece to R/R the fuel filters.

·
Registered
13,402 Posts
Find a place in the US as close to you as possible to rent a mailbox and buy here and then come get them.

Or, move down here...

·
Registered
789 Posts
#Joe Diesel, look up Shopcummins.ca as they have a yearly sale on filters. Rockauto has the Hastings FF1279 for 47$ Canadian before shipping/tax. Its just about the best price I can find.

*Jimmy N, I like your style!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Just checked, Cummins has their sale on right now. CV52001 is 87, FS53000 is 74 and t he FS20089 is 82. Now they have sure raised their prices even.

·
Cummins Dude
2,687 Posts
Just checked, Cummins has their sale on right now. CV52001 is 87, FS53000 is 74 and t he FS20089 is 82. Now they have sure raised their prices even.
Link please.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts