Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
You could drill and tap (1/8" npt) the plastic oil fill housing on the front of the timing gear cover. The one the oil fill tube screws into.
Ram Modifications
I researched and debated all this a couple weeks ago and wound up just using a new Fleetguard LF 9028 bypass filter. So far, so good.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes, less hoses less fittings no sense having two bypass systems.
:agree2:This was my thinking also.

Regarding the LF9028 filter, after reading over a period of months/years almost to the point of analysis paralysis, I tend to believe this statement from the Cummins Mid-South website:
"Cummins Filtration is the world's leading designer and manufacturer of filtration and chemical technology products for all engine-powered equipment through the Fleetguard brand of filtration, coolant, and chemical products."

The Cummins engine in my truck has far exceeded my expectations for quality and dependability since I bought it new in '96 so I'm gonna trust their engineers know what they're doing when it comes to filtration for that engine. To my mind, the Cummins 5.9 12v is right up there with a Colt 1911 when it comes to iconic American classics. Everybody probably ought to have a pair of each. :flag:
What type oil and change intervals are you running?
Schaeffers 7000 15W-40. Oil change interval 15k or as dictated by UOA.

Reactions: Gildo
1 - 3 of 3 Posts