Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
on the home page i was reading an article about diesel powered 1500 cuz the other dcc vehicle didnt sell so well. so here is my suggestion/ opinion.

i have seen so many trucks on here that make awesome amount of horsepower and gobs of torque and still get over 30mpg. the other vehicles in daimler's lineup didnt sell so wellbecause no one marketed them correctly. imo. having worked for a dealer for the last decade i have seen one diesel the vm motori cr. no hp more trque than the 6 and four cylinder versions but the sales dept didnt have them on the lot. and dont know jack about diesels.so if the v8 cummins will put out as much hp as the hemi and get at leat 25-30 mpg even with active regeneration and def and all the epa crap! then it will be more like the proverbial hotcake and save the truck line in general.

now.all we need todo is stick together and let them know what the people wan't right let hear you thoughts

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
People nowdays don't take the time or don't know how to do the math to figure out diesels are more fuel efficient.
They just see that diesel fuel costs more than gas so think it's going to be more expensive to go a mile.

As long as diesel fuel is more expensive I highly doubt many diesel vehicles will be introduced in the US.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
People nowdays don't take the time or don't know how to do the math to figure out diesels are more fuel efficient.
They just see that diesel fuel costs more than gas so think it's going to be more expensive to go a mile.

As long as diesel fuel is more expensive I highly doubt many diesel vehicles will be introduced in the US.
i totaly agree thats where we need to the "sales" people trained knowledge is power!!!!!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I think we all agree, a half ton diesel would be a beautiful thing. I'd buy one tomorrow, I really have no need for a 3/4 ton to tow my jeep, but that's all there is. A half ton diesel would be perfect for me, because there's no way in hell I'm towing with a weak hemi!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think we all agree, a half ton diesel would be a beautiful thing. I'd buy one tomorrow, I really have no need for a 3/4 ton to tow my jeep, but that's all there is. A half ton diesel would be perfect for me, because there's no way in hell I'm towing with a weak hemi!
im thinking for your needs and everyones needs for really once or twice a month tow your rig to the trail or drag strip. why should haulling your toys around cost $50k on the price tag. i am actually in the midst of building a comuter car simular to the one from vw, you know the one the epa wont allow vw to sell in the us. it would probably crush the profits of all auto manufaturers and the fuel companies: around 200 mpg single seater i wont ever reach that mile stone but here is the link....did i mention its selling in china for the USD equivilant of $600!!!! ill take two please

Is Volkswagen really selling this car for $600? | UCAN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts