Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So it is about time to change my oil again and where I live I dont get the good oil like what many of you all use...

So I would like your opinion on the oils I can get.

1. Valvoline, All Fleet Plus http://www.valvoline.com/products/afpud.pdf
2. Castrol, Tection TDS-Tection 15W-40 (2018)

I am currently using the Valvoline on my cummins but on all my gasoline vehicles I use Castrol.

Now for my injector question.

I am interested to get some new injectors because of low mileage, smoke and that ticking noise.

I have been looking at some options and I was thinking about the ones from F1 performance. Could someone tell me how they perform and do I get a rebuilt injector or just the tips for that price..

The other place is from cyclone performance. Does any one here use the ones from them? if so please let me know how they are working for you..

And if there are any vendors on this site who do complete injectors please send me a pm.

Thanks....

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Running Valvoline Prem. Blue and liking it so far. All fleet is pretty much the same, I'd stick with it. As far as injectors, # of people recommended F1's or Don Ms'.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, glad to know that someone else is using valoline..

·
Boiler up!
2,450 Posts
yea i am too, but im pry gonna switch to shell rotella. heard some good things there

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Any reputable oil that meets the CI-4 plus rating will do just fine. Rotella is available at Walley World.

Can't help on injectors, mine were replaced under warranty and the tick is still there, but the unusual smoke is gone and mileage is decent.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any reputable oil that meets the CI-4 plus rating will do just fine. Rotella is available at Walley World.

Can't help on injectors, mine were replaced under warranty and the tick is still there, but the unusual smoke is gone and mileage is decent.
Thanks for the info I did not realize that I should be looking for CI-4 rating...

·
Registered
841 Posts
Valvoline Premium Blue is now rated CF4. I used Rotella for the first couple oil changes until I did a bunch of research. Also the Valvoline is what Cummins tests with and recommends so that's what I've decided to use.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions about the oil, it looks lit I will be sticking to the Valvoline..

About my injector question. What I really want is to inc. my mileage and to get rid of most of my Black smoke.

Is there any vendor on this forum who can supply a very good set of complete injectors.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Running Valvoline Prem. Blue and liking it so far. All fleet is pretty much the same, I'd stick with it. As far as injectors, # of people recommended F1's or Don Ms'.
How can I get in contact with Don M????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts