Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading about you guys doing this and wondering who you send it to. Also some of you guys are faithful amsoil users. What weight do you usually run? I would like to use it myself but for 5w40 the guy in town wants 25dollars for a quart.

·
On call 24/7
12,574 Posts
They do there own testing or you could send it to blackstone. I use 15w40 heavy duty diesel and marine oil, its like $20 a gallon. That guy is a con artist.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you do you own testing? Some guys are saying they are getting there reports back saying they can go 10 more K or what not.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i send my oil sample to blackstone. great guys. i have run my schaeffers 9000 for over 12k right now and still have a while to go! and i keep the test results in a file for future info. and they let me know if i have any high amounts or traces of elements that mean problems ahead.

·
Resident Idiot
1,380 Posts
$20 a quart is bs, PM Duluth Diesel he can hook you up, or I can help you out.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Been reading about you guys doing this and wondering who you send it to. Also some of you guys are faithful amsoil users. What weight do you usually run? I would like to use it myself but for 5w40 the guy in town wants 25dollars for a quart.
:shock: wow. wonder how many buyers he gets at around triple the suggested retail price?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not joking around about the 20dollars a quart. It was for 5w40. I wanted to run it in the winter as she gets old up in here (sask canada) in the winter. So I ran full peto canada SYn 5w40 instead cause I couldnt afford his 5w40 at 20bucks CAD (which is 1million US) a quart.

·
On call 24/7
12,574 Posts
How do you do you own testing? Some guys are saying they are getting there reports back saying they can go 10 more K or what not.
I meant that amsoil has there own testing facility.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
I am not joking around about the 20dollars a quart. It was for 5w40. I wanted to run it in the winter as she gets old up in here (sask canada) in the winter. So I ran full peto canada SYn 5w40 instead cause I couldnt afford his 5w40 at 20bucks CAD (which is 1million US) a quart.
you can get a membership for like 30$ can a yr, allows you to buy oil at dealer pricing, Up until the dollar dropped I was paying 6.50$ a liter,(for 15W40) now its up around 30% higher. I'm lucky as I live in the same city as the western Canadian distribution center Warehouse. PM me maybe I can help you out as well. I saw a local Canadian Tire here that sells it for 13-14.00 a liter!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts