Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of y'all may know that a few weeks ago I had a "Regeneration Require Now, 80% Full" message that ended up going to a "Power Reduced" message. Well that was fixed, and now this morning I started my truck up to go to a call and heard a beep.. Looked up and it said "Exhaust System - Filter 80% Full".. How?? Twice in less than a month?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Your driving habits are the only thing to blame. Well, that and the EPA.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
:music019:

Drive on that sum beach! :peelout

It's like my high school summers residential framing, got a new Estwing 28oz framing hammer and the boss would always say, "Don't be afraid to swing that sucker."

·
Banned
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol. I only drive it once and a while for emergency calls.. And even then I floor the f'er :rof: So it just blows my mind that it needs "cleaning" again.. Guess I should take the camper out (10k lbs) and go to bryan and back :|

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Delete that sucker!!!!!!! If your having problems with emission equipment............Get rid of it!!!!!!!! Just my $.02

I need my truck to be trouble free, especially laying pipeline, My truck will idle most of the day. You pull forward every 40 feet or so and then idle again. I have no time to mess with the EPA B.S. If my truck isnt up and running good, then it is cutting into the food I put on the table. I have no time for this CRAP. That is why I never have hesitated to Delete the last 3- 6.7's I have owned!!! Now if you want to leave it alone then i think the dealer can flash the truck so it incorperates the regen at idle. Not 100% sure on this, IMO, it is easier and LESS headache to delete that sucker!!

·
Banned
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know.. I just know I will screw something up and plus I just don't feel like spending a few hundred on deleting it :confused:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I understand about the $$$$$$, But as far as screwing something up...........These trucks are super easy to work on. If you are somewhat mechanically inclined, deleting will be a snap.

·
Banned
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay.. And how much did you pay to delete yours?

·
Diesel Junkie
9,209 Posts
use the search button and read the thousands of threads on deleting your truck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
744 Posts
might be a dumb question but, does it have the most up to date flash and the J35 recall done?

I use mine for a very short commute most of the winter and have never had emmisions issues. I do constantly use the EB and drive it in 4th to work - 5 1/2 mile commute 1 way.

I hope you can get the problems worked out- it sucks having it at the dealer more than on the road.

·
Banned
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
might be a dumb question but, does it have the most up to date flash and the J35 recall done?

I use mine for a very short commute most of the winter and have never had emmisions issues. I do constantly use the EB and drive it in 4th to work - 5 1/2 mile commute 1 way.

I hope you can get the problems worked out- it sucks having it at the dealer more than on the road.
Yes it has the j35 and most recent flash. I am going to look at deleting it.

·
4,676 Posts
Just keep a loaded gooseneck trailer hooked to it. Then, when mom and sis run to the store , they will at least have a better chance of getting some good temps for a regen,,,,haha

·
Registered
143 Posts
is it possible on your last oil change the wrong oil was used, or is it possible your fuel isn't ULSD (Very unlikely), as far as oil it seems the older style higher sulfer content stuff is readily available, just a thought.

·
Banned
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
is it possible on your last oil change the wrong oil was used, or is it possible your fuel isn't ULSD (Very unlikely), as far as oil it seems the older style higher sulfer content stuff is readily available, just a thought.
Now that you mention it.. When I got the oil changed it wasn't I who did it :doh: I took it in to some shell rapid lube thing because it was already 2k miles overdue, I had no oil, and had to tow a camper to a repair shop. The oil change light keeps showing up even though I keep resetting it

·
Registered
111 Posts
i had to sell a 08 6.7 back to dodge becouse of that crap. I bought a 93 2500 that is not as fast but i have not had the first problem i am even starting to like it
phillip

1 - 20 of 20 Posts