Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What coil is everyone running for a nice highway ride yet still capable offroad?

CURRENT setup: discontinued KORE links and shock bucket with big KORE coil and long Fox shocks. Running 37" tires with fiberglass fenders so not worried about rubbing.

WANTING: A softer ride and lower it a couple inches.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
989 Posts
Went form kore kit front and rear that came on my truck to thuren coils towers deavers king 2.5s... much smother softer. They will valve shocks to different levels to the speed you want to go off road... valving and springs plus full rear leaf pack ... deaver makes 2 soft ride inch springs now too. Most say thuren ride softer than carli..

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went form kore kit front and rear that came on my truck to thuren coils towers deavers king 2.5s... much smother softer. They will valve shocks to different levels to the speed you want to go off road... valving and springs plus full rear leaf pack ... deaver makes 2 soft ride inch springs now too. Most say thuren ride softer than carli..

Thanks. Thats pretty much what i need to know is whos coils would fit my objective best. Which Thuren coils did you get and whats the ride height? I really want to get this truck lower for better LCG and I'm inseamed challenged.

I have Devers in the rear and think I'll start by removing a leaf. Shocks are valved by a reputable race shop.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I would call thuren and carli both and talk to them. Valving from shocks setup for kore springs will most likely be different than thuren soft ride springs shock valving.. not to mention one spring is dual rate and one progressive.. but they might be perfect for you. I got 3 inch springs not sure on ride height.

Deaver might be able to help you with what spring to remove. Keep us posted on the rear spring removal review... softer valving may help in the rear as well.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
What coil is everyone running for a nice highway ride yet still capable offroad?

CURRENT setup: discontinued KORE links and shock bucket with big KORE coil and long Fox shocks. Running 37" tires with fiberglass fenders so not worried about rubbing.

WANTING: A softer ride and lower it a couple inches.

I have Kore's. They ride like rocks. I'm getting some Carli's installed soon.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Any thoughts on Lorenz coils?

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
I know Sean. He is selling a ton of Eibach coils now with his kits. NTG Racing here installs them very frequently. He sells a ton of these leveling kits. That's a good price. The customers report a very nice ride.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Not sure I'm familiar?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How do Lorenzo's coils compare to Thuren?

·
Registered
325 Posts
The tightly wound portion of the KORE spring was designed as a progressive bump stop at full compression not for a nice ride in the small stuff. KORE shocks are full race valved equivalent to Thuren stage 6 and will never ride plush on the street. I run Thuren stage 4 for an acceptable street ride and party rated off road performance. I prefer a linear coil like Thuren and he will probably valve your shocks for you. I run a heavy winch/bumper and use a Carli 3.5 inch linear coil with Thuren/King short body 2.5 shock.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yes....they did a linear spring because the progressive spring whistled at 60mph with the new body design :cool:

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
The tightly wound portion of the KORE spring was designed as a progressive bump stop at full compression not for a nice ride in the small stuff. KORE shocks are full race valved equivalent to Thuren stage 6 and will never ride plush on the street. I run Thuren stage 4 for an acceptable street ride and party rated off road performance. I prefer a linear coil like Thuren and he will probably valve your shocks for you. I run a heavy winch/bumper and use a Carli 3.5 inch linear coil with Thuren/King short body 2.5 shock.
I have Thuren valved King 2.5's for my Kore springs. Stage 3 up front and 2 in the rear.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The spring is 3.5 lift on a stock quad cab and a little stiff. On a mega pig or heavy vehicle it’s at 3 1/4 with a nice ride. With your camper I would estimate 3.0 lift and night/day difference with the Kore spring. Joe and friends installed my long arms with that spring (replaced Kore spring) and we did an extensive test drive on rough roads and a jump section. Your valving is fine.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The spring is 3.5 lift on a stock quad cab and a little stiff. On a mega pig or heavy vehicle it’s at 3 1/4 with a nice ride. With your camper I would estimate 3.0 lift and night/day difference with the Kore spring. Joe and friends installed my long arms with that spring (replaced Kore spring) and we did an extensive test drive on rough roads and a jump section. Your valving is fine.
Are you talking about the Lorenz coils or the Kore? And does anyone have feedback on the rate of the Lorenz coils vs Thuren and Carli?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Are you talking about the Lorenz coils or the Kore? And does anyone have feedback on the rate of the Lorenz coils vs Thuren and Carli?
Sorry the thread got a little off topic. I was comparing a Carli linear 3.5 spring to the Kore POS.

The Lorenz spring is made by Eibach and is linear like Thuren. Both are soft ride so all you need to do is compare your desired ride height. Linear springs are much easier to valve than multiple built in spring rates ending up with proprietary pistons and trial and error shim stacks. Eibach springs are world class.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
I've probably met you at the shop. I've got a Redhead and new parking brake shoes that need to go in. He's so busy I may need to block off the driveway with my truck. When the old Thuren coils proved to be too soft,Joe sold me like new Kore VR's for $100.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts