Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other subforums have it, so why can't we?

I'll start off:
Painted and installed front bug/wind deflector and had windows tinted 15% all around.

Can we sticky this?

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Built and rewired a 2 meter radio antenna. Checked SWR on both the 10 meter/cb antenna and the 2 meter. 2 meter is not good so more to do sometime.

15% tint in Florida is obviously way, way below the 70% DOT will allow for commercial. Not sure what it is for general drivers but my daughter got a nasty ticket for her windows. She had to have all that stuff removed and it was not easy. Ended up she sold the truck and bought a big SUV because of that. Do not know what her windows measured but seemed to be lighter than yours. Yours are so dark it's like an obstruction on the road you cannot see through. Don't drive at night unless you have super good vision.

Guessing you have a good chance to get stopped for that tint.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Built and rewired a 2 meter radio antenna. Checked SWR on both the 10 meter/cb antenna and the 2 meter. 2 meter is not good so more to do sometime.

15% tint in Florida is obviously way, way below the 70% DOT will allow for commercial. Yours are so dark it's like an obstruction on the road you cannot see through. Don't drive at night unless you have super good vision.

Guessing you have a good chance to get stopped for that tint.
I'm not commercial...also, no tint on windshield. Legal is 25-30%, but I have had cars with limo 5%, and I have never been stopped for it.

I guess because it's illegal, I can't tune my truck? Also guess I'll have to wear my seatbelt and go the exact speed limit.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well at least you know it is certainly below what I think is a 28% regulation.

Just look at your top picture. If there were a car, motorcyclist or really, any vehicle behind you while you are stopped at a turn, oncoming vehicles cannot see through. It's a common safety issue to others when you become a blocking obstruction in the road. Not remotely related to a comparison with tuning.

Pretty truck. Keep it nice and enjoy.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let's get back on track. Anyone else put a special touch on their truck recently?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I picked my 2019 ram 2500 Cummins that I dropped off for an oil leak at 871 miles on it and they had to put a new motor in it

·
Registered
7 Posts
10% More- Can you tell me what antenna mount you used for the 2m/70cm antenna. I traded my 2014 3500 that had a perfect st. steel NMO bracket that fit on the front fender. I believe it was a Comet bracket. It doesn’t even come close to fitting the new 2019 fender. I’m hoping that I don’t have to drop my pride and use a magnetic mount.......just like I did 40 years ago with my first CB antenna. ��

·
Registered
1 Posts
Other subforums have it, so why can't we?

I'll start off:
Painted and installed front bug/wind deflector and had windows tinted 15% all around.

Can we sticky this?
Got the same truck. Is the deflector a factory item, or aftermarket? Is it attached with brackets or adhesive? Any wind noises with it? Love the look.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the same truck. Is the deflector a factory item, or aftermarket? Is it attached with brackets or adhesive? Any wind noises with it? Love the look.
It is a factory accessory, but you have to get it painted because it comes in trim black.

It is attached with brackets. They give you 3m protective film to protect the factory paint, then the brackets slip over the edge of the hood where you put the 3m film. Once that's done, the guard is screwed to those brackets.

I haven't tested the noise yet as I haven't had it at high speed since install. Got it to prevent bugs and rocks from hitting the hood.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The custom plates I ordered arrived at the DMV about the same time the new plates arrived. Today was the earliest appointment date I could get to pick them up.

Here's the original Eco-Villain and the upgraded Eco-Villain.

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, I found that my hood bounces terribly at 85mph with the new bug deflector. No noise though.

Also found that the speed limiter is set at 102mph.:w:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yesterday my 2006 Megacab with 102K miles threw a P2149 code while on the freeway. Today took off the valve cover and started testing injector posts and wires with an ohmmeter. Still haven’t found the problem.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts