Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2258 Posts

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
welding school? i went to youtube and hard knocks for my welding education. actually just grew up around it and picked it up by just playing with welding scrap material together till i got it right.

we finished up the box today and then washed it right before leaving, should be ready to assemble and install tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Yes part of the school I'm in for work. I've welded before,haven't picked up a welding rod in 6 years and I still had the best looking welds out of 5 others.lol.i mostly mig welded back in the day,a little stick.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
PA Cummins
2,503 Posts
Mornin' boys & girls.

·
Registered
585 Posts
It's been a heck of a couple days at work. Still have locations we can't get into because theyes haven't been plowed. Others that have been plowed have drifts so big we can't get through them. The plow drivers are getting stuck left and right. Spend more time pulling each other out then actually plowing.

I get to one of my sites this afternoon the see my chemical guys truck buried in the field. He went in to fill a chemical tank and on his way out the wind blew the gate on the road shut. When he went to go through after opening it is spun on ice and ended up in the field. I hooked up with my truck but I was on ice and have 2 bald front tires and the spare on the back.

One his coworkers shows up with his F350 cclb dually powerstroke. He tried with no luck. Then went around to the other side to try then buried his truck in the field. After an hour we got his out but the guy who was orginally stuck was still stuck.

So one of my coworkers with good tires showed up and he hooked up to the guy. He floored it and was able to rip the truck out of the field. After all this, the plow/cinder truck that I called for well over an hour ago finally showed up.

·
PA VICE PRESIDENT
4,639 Posts
It's been 3 long days here. I've had my butt in the seat of a truck for what feels like a week! Had to weld on the old pos Meyer. Mold board was cracking at the weld

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
that's why i kept the one that came on my 09 and put it on my 07. a bit bulky and sometimes inconvenient but most of the time i am glad to have it.

otherwise we did somethings at work today, the tractor trailer is progressing

Attachments

·
PA VICE PRESIDENT
4,639 Posts
I still want a cap for my truck. I like the looks of them. Plus you can still get in and out of the bed without crawling in there to get something.

·
PA Cummins
2,503 Posts
Bump of the morning y'all

·
PA VICE PRESIDENT
4,639 Posts
Mines just a roll up soft cover. But for 70 bucks I'll use it for our road trip to florida,then may turn around and sell it once I get home.

I've had a few of them. They are nice looking only thing about them is putting them back on in the winter will be a pain in the butt

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks Adam, trying to get the rear fender mounts mocked up before the end of day

Mitt, what is your bed length? Dad has an ARE Kick Up i think it is for an 8' bed that he has been trying to sell. and we have some second gen fiberglass tonneaus but makes and lengths are unknown to me

·
Registered
585 Posts
Sorry boys but I need to vent.

So 8 months ago we have a lot of changes in our office. Big bosses got promotions and went to our south Texas office. So naturally that left open spots. Well the people who got those spots, got them because they kiss a$$ and that's how's this office has been run since. If you're a buddy or a butt kisser your golden here.

Fast foward to today. We get some news about some changes in the field that affects me and the guys I work with. Well once again an unqualified butt kisser gets the job that he doesn't deserve. Once again the office overlooked a bunch of people with more time and experience then this guy. I for one have had enough.

My foreman called each one of us to let us know about the changes that take effect Monday. Well I was pissed, so I just flat out asked him why a few of us were overlooked and naturally got the most bs answer I could get. I went on the tell him I'm tired of the way things are and just flat out frustrated with where this company is going. Him and I are gonna have a nice chat after our meeting on Tuesday. This company used to be the place everyone wanted to work for and we all loved our jobs. Then the changes in the office occurred and the new group has everyone mad and wanting to quit because of the way they run the business unit.

Sorry, rant over.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Sad reality is Tom,that's how most companies are ran these days. They don't want to hard workers in the office they want the pushover's and people who are going to listen to their boss above them.

·
PA VICE PRESIDENT
4,639 Posts
Thanks Adam, trying to get the rear fender mounts mocked up before the end of day

Mitt, what is your bed length? Dad has an ARE Kick Up i think it is for an 8' bed that he has been trying to sell. and we have some second gen fiberglass tonneaus but makes and lengths are unknown to me
Mine is only a 6.5. Wish it was a long bed!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sorry boys but I need to vent.

So 8 months ago we have a lot of changes in our office. Big bosses got promotions and went to our south Texas office. So naturally that left open spots. Well the people who got those spots, got them because they kiss a$$ and that's how's this office has been run since. If you're a buddy or a butt kisser your golden here.

Fast foward to today. We get some news about some changes in the field that affects me and the guys I work with. Well once again an unqualified butt kisser gets the job that he doesn't deserve. Once again the office overlooked a bunch of people with more time and experience then this guy. I for one have had enough.

My foreman called each one of us to let us know about the changes that take effect Monday. Well I was pissed, so I just flat out asked him why a few of us were overlooked and naturally got the most bs answer I could get. I went on the tell him I'm tired of the way things are and just flat out frustrated with where this company is going. Him and I are gonna have a nice chat after our meeting on Tuesday. This company used to be the place everyone wanted to work for and we all loved our jobs. Then the changes in the office occurred and the new group has everyone mad and wanting to quit because of the way they run the business unit.

Sorry, rant over.
Don't worry, :eek:hno: > Tom ^^^^^^^^:doh:,

I'm sure Donald has some kind of work for you to do,,,:confused013:,

^^^ :shock: ^^^ :hehe: ^^^ :rof ^^^ :hehe: ^^^ :music019:.

21 - 40 of 2258 Posts