Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the dealership install factory remote start on my truck and it doesn't work. Here is what I did on my end and help from people who have had this done on a deleted truck before would be appreciated.

I flashed the truck back to stock so they could do their thing.
They called and said I needed to install the tune back in it and I did and no go remote start wise. It doesn't honk or anything, its like its not even active. Dealer said they were afraid that would happen with the truck having a tuner on it but I called H&S and they said that it is something on the dealers end. I flashed the truck back to stock again and the dealership is going to lookinto it further. Some feedback here would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
364 Posts
When the dealer did mine they said there was a problem with the instructions and they couldn't do it the way the they where suppose to. I cant find the instruction right now but has something to do with the order in which it is activated. It should start with the stock tune, and then shut right back off because of the codes. I know they did have to take it for a drive before it would work.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Make sure you're completely removing the tuner. Not just setting it back to stock. My dealer got mine done in about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They have been pretty good to me so far but I am thinking they may have done something wrong on their end activating it myself as well. I called H&S to see what they would say knowing myself the tuner wasnt the issue but just wanting to play it safe and they agreed with me that it must be on the dealerships end as to it not working. I hope they resolve this tomorrow and get it working.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts