Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy tired for my winter set up.
Looking for something in the 33" tall
So far
285/70 is 32 and some change
285/ 75 How would this compare
Or 305 ?? What do they measure ?
Thanks mucho

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks , they were actually a big help and got the size pretty much nailed down .

·
Registered
123 Posts
What size did you end up going with and do you have any pictures of them on the truck?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No sir , gotta wait another pay period .

But did some measuring and a mock up with the 285/70 ( my son has those on a spare set of alloys )
My truck has a 6" lift and i admit those look a bit toyish / small .
Most likely going with the 285/75 because they are taller . Also did some measuring with these sizes to find if they fit or interchange with my 2nd gen . I put one of his 285/70 and it fit fine , an inch away from any rub ,,, measured further and the 285/75 is going to be tight but I think ok . Lil crazy sounding but hey if I can have a winter set up that fits both trucks why not ?
When I do purchase , I will post a pic

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Im running Toyo AT2 Extreme 285/75/17 , roughly 34 inch 11.5 inch wide on stock power wagon wheels, carli 4 inch lift plenty of room
planning on 35s once get time to install some carlis longer arms
what arms are on your truck? need to center front and rear axles and you should have plenty room
4:10s gearing no issue with hauling/towing, Bertha keeps pulling:wink2:

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ohh yeah my with 6" lift on the 05 they will fit ,, but I had this crazy ideas of interchangeability of this winter tire set up between this 05 truck and my completly oem 01 2nd gen named "FarmTruck" . The 285 / 70 fit right on there with surprising clearance ,, the 285/75 is pushing it though .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts